PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander

Captain Nemo
07-02-07, 07:58 AM
I recently installed SH3 Commander for SH3/GWX. So far I have only enabled gramophone randomiser, radomised ship names and wave height set to seasonal. I was looking at the various fatigue models that can be enabled, but am not really sure what effect they will have. The eight hour option seems realistic (presumably this means that each crewmember will last 8 hours at 1xTC before the red exclamation mark appears), but can I ask what others feel is the best fatigue model to employ? Also, what is the stock/GWX fatigue model based on? Your views on other options contained in Commander and how they can improve the overall SH3/GWX experience would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nemo

Jimbuna
07-02-07, 10:35 AM
Also, what is the stock/GWX fatigue model based on

I believe it's the 8 hour model :yep:

Iron Budokan
07-02-07, 01:46 PM
I always use the 8 hour model myself. I like it.

Schöneboom
07-02-07, 02:31 PM
I like the 8 hr. model, too -- way better than stock SH3. Re other features of SH3 Cmdr., you might like a realistic crew setup. Some of my crew have done more patrols than I have, and that's as it should be. And you can give them qualifications -- I reckon, if a seaman has done 3 patrols, he should have mastered at least one specialty (if he's not a Bernard). The feature of sometimes losing a crewmen due to transfer or promotion adds a little "texture" to my job -- I just let my 1WO go back to the Academy for commander training. I spent a bundle on his replacement, but he's good.

I still use the in-game "office" to hand out the medals & promotions. I still have an Iron Cross 1st Class sitting around.

Gute Jagd!

Mowinz
07-02-07, 03:42 PM
Fatigue is always "off" in SH3 Commander. No time for micromanagement cuz I gots ships to sink!!!

:up:

Cheers

ReallyDedPoet
07-02-07, 06:57 PM
You could always try them all, see what one suits your taste. Use the 8 hour one myself.

RDP

JScones
07-02-07, 07:14 PM
Just a tip, only try the "RUB 1x TC" if you play SH3 exclusively in real time, as that is what it is customised for.

Also, the "Grey Wolves 8 hour" model is the *same* as the default GWX model, meaning that you do not need to select it in SH3Cmdr.

Captain Nemo
07-03-07, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the replies.:up:

Nemo