PDA

View Full Version : Alas U-123 shall not sail again.

headcase
07-01-07, 10:57 PM
She was last heard from 27 Jul 1940 1650. Her Kaleun got both greedy and stupid. "What's that Bernard? An Armed Trawler approaching from 140? Nothing to worry us, after all it is just a fishing boat with a pop gun and a few grenades. Now get me the range on that merchant at 030. And some fresh coffee."

GoldenRivet
07-02-07, 12:08 AM
Life as a Kaleun in GWX is very difficult

First comes the test... then the lesson.

DeadlyTigger
07-02-07, 12:41 AM
Sounds an awful like a patrol I had in my first career in a IIA. We spotted an Armed Trawler, and I thought "no big deal". Needless to say the next few hours proceeded with me getting the dickens depth charged out of me by 3 nearby destroyers that the Trawler called in...

I survived that one, but lost the boat two patrols later. :down:

But now I'm happily engaged in a second career in a Type VIIB. Bring on the tonnage!

This is playing GWX by the way.

headcase
07-02-07, 02:01 AM
Life as a Kaleun in GWX is very difficult

First comes the test... then the lesson.

And they are all delivered by an Angry And Vengeful God. Not sayin I'm scared, but I really need to stop thinking with my deck gun.

headcase
07-02-07, 02:11 AM
Sounds an awful like a patrol I had in my first career in a IIA. We spotted an Armed Trawler, and I thought "no big deal". Needless to say the next few hours proceeded with me getting the dickens depth charged out of me by 3 nearby destroyers that the Trawler called in...

I survived that one, but lost the boat two patrols later. :down:

But now I'm happily engaged in a second career in a Type VIIB. Bring on the tonnage!

This is playing GWX by the way.

Always inviting unwanted people to a private party. We really ought to teach the some manners.

Brag
07-02-07, 05:51 AM
A U-boat commander has to think like a mugger. Use the gun only on unarmed victims. :|\\

Corsair
07-02-07, 05:58 PM
This must be a false information, probably coming from british propaganda...U-123 is still alive. I am driving it back to Lorient end of October 1940 after a good patrol...:D

Kpt Lt z S Heinrich Mayer