PDA

View Full Version : Das Boot showing tonight (6-30) on AMC

Greystone
06-30-07, 03:12 PM
At least it is in the San Francisco Bay area, at 8pm, on the American Movie Classics channel. They have a habit of repeating showings of their various offerings, though, in case you miss it.

Syxx_Killer
06-30-07, 03:27 PM
That's channel 130 for those with Dish Network.

Schöneboom
06-30-07, 03:56 PM
Danke, Greystone! That's good to know, even though most of us own "Das Boot" -- I reckon, every time it plays on TV, the SH3-Ubootwaffe gains new recruits! :up:

Elder-Pirate
06-30-07, 05:27 PM
It's also 4 1/2 hours long ( including commercials )

AMC channel 7:00 pm-11:30 pm Central Daylight Time.

Sailor Steve
06-30-07, 05:29 PM
Must be the short (Director's Cut) version.

Syxx_Killer
06-30-07, 05:51 PM
Must be the short (Director's Cut) version.

That's the version they advertised in the commerical. I recorded the 5 hour version off Encore a while back so I think I'll pass on this one. Besides, I HATE commercials.:damn:

HW3
06-30-07, 05:53 PM
It is also preceded by the movie The Enemy Below at 6PM.

ReallyDedPoet
06-30-07, 07:12 PM
Never gets old :rock: :rock: :rock:

RDP

Iron Budokan
06-30-07, 07:34 PM
I'm not a fan of the English version of this movie AT ALL. But, hey, it's Das Boot so I'm watching it anyway! :oops:

TigerShark808
07-01-07, 01:06 AM
I watched the Movie for the first time tonight ( or so i thought )and I enjoyed it . Funny thing is while I was watching the movie i was feeling at times the DEJAVU feeling. Then I realised that i had watched this same movie many years ago as a kid. ( Im 40 yrs old )

I must get the the uncut version .

Schöneboom
07-01-07, 01:42 AM
I must get the the uncut version .

Indeed, you must. :yep: The longest Boot is the kinkiest!

Thniper
07-01-07, 11:18 AM
And when you've watched the movie I'm sure you can answer all the questions of my little quiz that I've posted here:;) :know:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=117683

Good luck!
You will need it.

Thniper

zombiewolf
07-01-07, 01:04 PM
The Enemy Below was on right before Das Boot as well :|\\

TigerShark808
07-01-07, 08:02 PM
And when you've watched the movie I'm sure you can answer all the questions of my little quiz that I've posted here:;) :know:

Good luck!
You will need it.

Thniper

I watched the movie but as far as taking a quiz..I have had it up to here with quizzez. Im presently working on my associates degree in computer electronics engineering. I refuse to take another quiz this week :)

Thniper
07-02-07, 09:44 AM

Good luck!
You will need it.

Thniper

I watched the movie but as far as taking a quiz..I have had it up to here with quizzez. Im presently working on my associates degree in computer electronics engineering. I refuse to take another quiz this week :)

You are excused for that, TigerShark.:D
But to all the other Kaleuns:
It's really a shame that none of you could answer all the questions.;)
There are still 3 - 4 questions open.
Come on, guys!
Who else is holding up the honour of Das Boot?:lol: :arrgh!:

Thniper

danurve
07-02-07, 02:02 PM
Speaking for myself, but I belive it may be a shared view of those who own or have at least rented the uncut version, but I don't belive I could stomach a cut-up version of the greatest Sub movie ever made, much less tolorate commecial interuptions.

Might be good for recruitment though :know:
We just have to figgure out how to place SHIII SUBliminal messages a few seconds before intermission.

go buy SHIII dvd..

NOW

Sailor Steve
07-02-07, 03:49 PM
But to all the other Kaleuns:
It's really a shame that none of you could answer all the questions.;)
I haven't been able to watch it in over a year! Give me a break!