PDA

View Full Version : Saved game always crashes

ridgewayranger
06-30-07, 11:41 AM
Hi Everyone,
I run several versions of the great game with no problems except, I sometimes save Grey Wolf when other duties waste my time! Every time I restart the save, after a few minutes I get 'Silent Hunter has encountered a problem and needs to close'. All I can do then is delete and start again. Does anyone have an explanation for this?
Thanks,
RR>

CapZap1970
06-30-07, 01:52 PM
Hi Everyone,
I run several versions of the great game with no problems except, I sometimes save Grey Wolf when other duties waste my time! Every time I restart the save, after a few minutes I get 'Silent Hunter has encountered a problem and needs to close'. All I can do then is delete and start again. Does anyone have an explanation for this?
Thanks,
RR>
Hi there:
It happens to me to now and then, but all the times when i try to load the mission that crashed it loads finally at the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I don't know why ths happens, but as I told you, it doesn't happen often. Try that a couple of times before deleting your save.
Another thing is that in general, it's known tht when you save and quit the game while you are submerged or near ports or contacts, you will most likely experience that kind of problems when reloading that file. :up:
i hope this helps.
CapZap

Jimbuna
06-30-07, 02:30 PM
Are you saving to the same folder? :hmm:
With multiple installations I'd advise you to install 'Multi SH3' to each installation :up:

blue3golf
06-30-07, 02:58 PM
I've never been able to reload a save if I'm close to land or there are other units in the area. I save when I'm out in the middle of nowhere and haven't had any problems since then.

CapZap1970
06-30-07, 03:09 PM
I've never been able to reload a save if I'm close to land or there are other units in the area. I save when I'm out in the middle of nowhere and haven't had any problems since then.
I agree with you. :up: I mean that if he saved not being near a port, a contact or underwater, the cause of the CTd might be something else, and in this case, he could try more than once to reload the same save file. ;)
CapZap

ridgewayranger
07-01-07, 06:05 AM
Hi Jimbuna,
Yes I do have Multi sh3, works fine.
From all the answers I got it seems there maybe be an inherent problem so I'll just have to work round it,but I hav'n't had the problem with WAC, NYGM or GWX, maybe I just didn't save at a critical point.
Thanks for all the interest and replies.
RR