PDA

View Full Version : Nomo -GWX clash?

joegrundman
06-29-07, 10:03 PM
Before installing GWX i used Wazoo's draggable nomo. I uninstalled it to install GWX and then thought i'd try to restore my nomo. Doesn't seem to work. Why would that be? Is there an alternative nomo known to work with GWX?

thx

ichso
06-30-07, 02:07 AM
I had no problems installing wazoo's nomograph (draggable) along with GWX 1.03. Though I didn't like it and deinstalled it again.
One possible alternative to this is to install a nondraggable version of the nomograph. This would be just a different version of the texture for the Nav Map and should work in any case.

One thing you can still try first is to install the draggable nomo by the instructions in the readme.txt that comes with it. It's just about inserting an tga image into some folder and editing the menu_1024_768.ini a little bit. It should all be in the readme.

Hope this helps, otherwise I could search for my edited menu_1024_768.ini which worked with the draggable nomo and upload it.

joegrundman
07-01-07, 08:17 AM
thanks for your reply ichso

yes, i tried using the instructions and editing the menu....ini. . It worked before i installed gwx, then i uninstalled it before installing gwx and when i then tried to reinstall the nomo, it din't work. So..i don't know. I've uninstalled it again now.

Do you have a link for a non-draggable nomo?

thx

ichso
07-02-07, 05:35 AM
I've uploaded the 2 versions of the nomograph that I have.
The draggable is the one that worked here and the map version 2 is from the mods forum (didn't find it again). It looks nice and got a nondraggable nomo at the right side. This one should work in any case.

http://cip.uni-trier.de/~schmidt/sh3/The_Map_Version_II.rar
http://cip.uni-trier.de/~schmidt/sh3/WazoosDraggableNomoMod.rar

joegrundman
07-03-07, 04:17 AM
Hi Ichso

thanks for the help. I think i prefer the fixed nomo too, now i've tried it, but i'm not so much taken with the map 2 colours. I'll see if i can find one without the background

Canovaro
07-04-07, 07:19 AM
I also have the draggable nomo in GWX, it works fine :huh:
Can't live without it.

No idea where it went wrong with your installation. :doh:

I used to play stock with the nomo, just like you.
What I did was uninstall *everything*. Then install SH3 again, patch it to 1.4b and install GWX. Then install the nomo.