PDA

View Full Version : Fubars crew skins

gord96
06-28-07, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone. I just tried to add the crew skins (fubars) to SH3 with JSGME and it seemed like it installed ok but when I went into the game they are all wearing the same uniforms. I was in port when it was installed. Does it matter what boat I am using? Or is the skin just a subtle improvement?

gord96
06-28-07, 07:49 PM
false alarm! i figured it out :)

gord96
06-28-07, 08:02 PM
ummm....hmmm....actually i was wrong. any ideas on how to get this working? i see there is different sub cats under the mod folder? do i load the one i want individually? thanks

Mush Martin
06-28-07, 08:59 PM
Gord are you meaning the elite uboat crew uniforms mod with the captains
uniform?

gord96
06-29-07, 01:02 AM
i got the one off fubars file server when i was looking for some uboat skins. i believe the elite uniforms are what i am after, i just assumed Fubars was that skin.

gord96
06-29-07, 02:31 AM
I found the ones I wanted. The elite crew skins as you said. very cool. thanks guys they work great! :up: :rock:

CapZap1970
06-29-07, 10:04 AM
I found the ones I wanted. The elite crew skins as you said. very cool. thanks guys they work great! :up: :rock:
don't forget to show us a couple of screenshots. Indeed, that uniform looks great!! ;)
CapZap

ReallyDedPoet
06-29-07, 10:08 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/MartinPicfix/SH3Img5-3-2007_1.jpg

I believe these are from that mod :yep:

RDP

CapZap1970
06-29-07, 10:10 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/MartinPicfix/SH3Img5-3-2007_1.jpg

I believe these are from that mod :yep:

RDP
Yes Sir!!!! that is the uniform....... :up:
CapZap

ReallyDedPoet
06-29-07, 10:11 AM
More here from Venatore, pics of Fubars Mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=386383&postcount=2

RDP

gord96
06-29-07, 11:00 AM
yeah the elite skins are great. i love the black leather coats and grey lether gloves the officers wear. looks good on the bridge of my type IID. :rock:

ReallyDedPoet
06-29-07, 11:02 AM
yeah the elite skins are great. i love the black leather coats and grey lether gloves the officers wear. looks good on the bridge of my type IID. :rock:

I like it, Elite Crew on the Type IID, nice touch:up:

RDP

CapZap1970
06-29-07, 11:02 AM
sometimes I think they look more like a Spec Ops team than a Elite U'boat crew
:rotfl: :rotfl:
And yes, those black leather jackets give them a very imponent look!! :o
CapZap

gord96
06-29-07, 11:12 AM
spec ops for sure. BdU CC (Coastal Command) type IID force conducts all sorts of special missions that the bigger boats can't do. Patrolling the English Channel and harbor raids are the norm. Shooting up civilian sailboats with the dual flaks is also a regular occurance to spread fear among the brit seafaring folk. Coastal Command casualties seem to be high (not counting losses when a boat is lost). U-150 has lost 2 men per patrol on all it's patrols so far. :down:

Mowinz
06-29-07, 11:16 AM
They are nice...got tired of the old look and decided to try these. Very cool!

Cheers

Hadrys
06-29-07, 11:44 AM
don't forget to show us a couple of screenshots. Indeed, that uniform looks great!! ;)
CapZap

I gave all my crew leather jackets and removed ALL the emblems. Maybe it doesn't look to good inside, especially that I just read it was generally warm/hot - just for a shirt? But on watch in the middle of screaming wind - gut gemacht.

Screen (http://mrhadrys.com/silenthunter/1680_06.jpg)

PS Just got an idea - maybe we could assign certain members as watch crew and give them jackets, other got shirts, dirty rags for machinists etc? Need to check this.

BodyIdx=0
BodyTgaIdx=0
HasHelmet=No
HelmetIdx=0
HelmetTgaIdx=0

gord96
06-29-07, 01:57 PM
the crew all in leather jackets looks good too!

Hadrys
06-30-07, 05:27 AM
PS Just got an idea - maybe we could assign certain members as watch crew and give them jackets, other got shirts, dirty rags for machinists etc? Need to check this.

BodyIdx=0
BodyTgaIdx=0
HasHelmet=No
HelmetIdx=0
HelmetTgaIdx=0

Ok it works! You just need to change in (sort by date, better be in port to edit crews):

my documents sh3 -> cfg -> careers -> name -> crew_career_last patrol number.cfg

BodyTgaIdx=0 where 0 stands for 01_off_body01.tga and 6=07_off_body01.tga .

I've replaced one skin with leather jacket, rest is stock (didn't checked but you can probably add as much skins you like) and now only watch crew wears leather! Also need to find fubars skins with guys in checked shirts etc, any one got a link?

Using the SH3cmd I've marked all sailors with functions on 2 watches except torp room. Need to do some adjustments to the experience and medals, but now my crew looks very real.

Heibges
07-21-07, 08:28 PM
I'm a little confused how the Captain officer functions. Is it just a different Skin, or does it have added abilities? Too bad the Captain couldn't have, say, 5 Qualifications.

Also, does this fix the neck horns graphic issue?

Are there any other crew skins available.

Are they compatible with NYGM. Is see Fubars/Venatore's Elite Crew is compatible with GWX, but it doesn't say about NYGM.

Thank you,

Heibges
07-22-07, 07:19 PM
OK, i enabled the mod using JGSME and now I am having the same problem as gord96?

@Gord96, how did you resolve your issue?

Do you have to change them manually?

Can you enable them using SH3 Commander?

Thank you.

Blacklight
07-22-07, 07:36 PM
We need a skin for Bernard now !!!