PDA

View Full Version : GWX 1.04

roofinrobert
06-28-07, 06:15 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows the tentative release date ?

Dowly
06-28-07, 06:16 AM
When it's ready. :yep:

Jimbuna
06-28-07, 06:19 AM
Sooooooooooooner rather than laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaater :up:

Dimitrius07
06-28-07, 06:54 AM
roofinrobert

Relax :D ;) At thise point i trust the GWX team much more that the SH4 dev team.

Penelope_Grey
06-28-07, 07:33 AM
The GWX team are a gang of rascals! :rotfl:

But we all appreciate their hard work and dedication anyway. :up:

Kpt. Lehmann
06-28-07, 07:51 AM
Update here folks: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=117511

OY! I R tired:dead: but I've been typing so much tonight my eyes are like :o stuck open!

Help!:o :o :o

ReallyDedPoet
06-28-07, 07:54 AM
Welcome to subsim:up: roofinrobert

RDP

Reece
06-28-07, 08:55 AM
I've been typing so much tonight my eyes are like :o stuck open!

Help!:o :o :o

Carry on Kaptain!:yep: I'll go back & push my face into that over stuffed pillow, zzzz!!:dead:

Tobus
06-28-07, 09:00 AM
roofinrobert

Relax :D ;) At thise point i trust the GWX team much more that the SH4 dev team.

Soooooo true:hmm:

Puster Bill
06-28-07, 09:15 AM
I can't wait for stock GWX to come out so I can upgrade from vanilla GWX...

/Ducks sexy black pump thrown by Penelope_Grey

ichso
06-28-07, 09:17 AM
And sooooo unfair to the SH4 devteam ;)

ReallyDedPoet
06-28-07, 09:27 AM

Exactly, folks need to get away from this comparing crap :yep:

Does nothing for subsim.

RDP

Dowly
06-28-07, 09:50 AM

Does nothing for subsim.

RDP

Well... there IS a point in it. The community made alot improvements to SHIII which could have helped the SHIV team to incorporate the ideas to SHIV. Instead, now the community have to fix some of the same problems again. ;)

GT182
06-28-07, 10:01 AM
The GWX team are a gang of rascals! :rotfl:

But we all appreciate their hard work and dedication anyway. :up:

If it weren't for the "rascals", there'd be no GWX in any form. ;) And you won't find any more dedicated than they are. :yep:

ReallyDedPoet
06-28-07, 10:27 AM

Does nothing for subsim.

RDP
Well... there IS a point in it. The community made alot improvements to SHIII which could have helped the SHIV team to incorporate the ideas to SHIV. Instead, now the community have to fix some of the same problems again. ;)
There were things implemented into SH4 as a result of suggestions here by the community\modders, but it is hard to please everybody right. The community is just so large\diverse, there are always varying opinions on almost everything. Modders here know this all to well.

The game in its present state is unfinished ( but very playable:up:), nobody here would disagree with that. However until I see 1.3, there is really not much worth in comparisions, polls, etc, etc. To much wasted energy :yep:

For now I am content to have both theatres to sim in, and look forward to future developments on both SH3 and SH4.

RDP

ichso
06-28-07, 10:39 AM
I don't think that is alone the devteam's fault when a game is released in an unfinished state (I don't know the details as I don't own a copy of SH4).
If the publisher sets a deadline when the game has to be released the devs have to plan very carefully about what goals they can achieve until that point. Modeling a whole new scenario with everything that comes with it, refreshen the grafics engine (is it the same as in SH3 ?) and stuff like that takes very much time too.

Another theory would be that they saw all the good stuff that came from the community and thought that the guys around here are better capable of implementing those nice little (and big) thing which improved SH3 so much and left it to them to do it for SH4 again ;)

Penelope_Grey
06-28-07, 12:11 PM
ichso, with all due respect to you, and this is not a personal pop at you but, well... its an inward reflection on my part too.

At first I thought to myself, well, maybe the team was just rushed and so on, and big bad ubisoft kept at them constantly without a break etc etc... but the truth is, to my mind, you're talking 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

With PC games developers have this luxury of a patch... they take it for granted people have the net and can get the patches. so the games they do send out, are half baked. If you ask me generalyl speaking the care and time that goes into games for the PC is not what is used to be. In the olden days of PC gaming, some games had only one patch! And using said patch was more often than not optional, wasn't mandatory for the playing of the game.

While its clear as day that the modding community here works hard, and that a hell of a lot of effort goes into creation of such mods for these games. If you have not got a good enough base to put them on (there we go back to Pizza) then the additional things are useless. SH4 still has a lot of bugs and glitches in it, which stops me playing totally. I cannot play it. It is literally gathering dust. SH3 is the bar. And SH4 has yet to surpass it in as much as sheer enjoyability.

With SH3 and its clutch of supermods and add ons, It does make you appreciate, I think, that just because something is newer does not make it better, sure, SH4 is nice its beautiful to behold, but... what good is a lovely looking car if it won't start when you put the key in?

SH4 is a below par product. Its wrong for them to sell us a half finished product and then expect them in the community that can, to sort it out. Absolutely wrong. So I hope that was not the official attitude when Sh4 hit the shelves. If it was I'd be bitterly disapointed. I know the developers had deadlines and ubi had deadlines... but that's life... sometimes fate deals us cruel blows, simply sitting back and leaving it for someone else to sort out is not good enough. Its unfair too.

I dearly hope that Ubi will bring out the necessary patches to make SH4 up to par, but, if not, I won't be heartbroken at all. Much as I appreciate the war in the atlantic and equally the war in the pacific. SH4 is just too problematic at present for me to overcome it. Like I say, I'm not heartbroken as I have SH3 with a healthy portion of Grey Wolves eXpansion on top.:up:

rik007
06-28-07, 12:39 PM
I dearly hope that Ubi will bring out the necessary patches to make SH4 up to par, but, if not, I won't be heartbroken at all. Much as I appreciate the war in the atlantic and equally the war in the pacific. SH4 is just too problematic at present for me to overcome it. Like I say, I'm not heartbroken as I have SH3 with a healthy portion of Grey Wolves eXpansion on top.:up:

But I will be heartbroken. If SH4 is not repaired we end up with losing. Many people in the community will only buy SH4 when the game is up par. If not sales will be lower and in the end a 'SH5' will be farther away than ever.

Penelope_Grey
06-28-07, 12:40 PM
Yes, but I'm not going to beg them to fix something that is their duty to fix.

_Seth_
06-28-07, 12:47 PM
Remember; this thread is about GWX 1.04... Not SH4 Vs. SH3 GWX... :up:

ichso
06-28-07, 12:55 PM
I really cannot speak fo SH4 because I just read the subsim review of it and have seen some screenshots and videos of it.

If it is really that unplayable, and I simply believe you in that point, than it is of course not acceptable that one should pay 45$/€ for it.
Computer games are a huge and still growing industry and industry has to be cheap, efficient and make as much profit as possible. This is the cause of some games to be released way unfinished and SH4 seems unfortunatly to be one of them.
And it is of course unfair to let many people pay a lot of money for a game and throw later a bunch of patches onto them to stop them from complaining.

But I'm not sure if the developers are to blame for that to the full extent. If I would invest many month on programming a computer game (especially if it's the successor of a very good one) I would see it as my little baby and care about it as much as possible ;) So I definitely wouldn't want anyone to think of it as unfinished or half baked and would release it when I am satisfied with the result myself.
I don't think that anything of this is surprising or new to you, but it is just to be taken into account.

SH3 meaned much fun to me from the beginning it got released. Although there were some things that needed to be worked on. Thanks to all the hard work of modders, be it GWX'ers or any other, the game got improved by a large amount and even if one thinks one has seen anything SH3 has to offer this gives the game a whole new freshened style and even gameplay.

And if SH4 is really that much worse than SH3 then I'm glad to have saved the money for it in the first place, my PC wouldn't have got along with SH4's graphics anyway :roll:

EDIT: Remember; this thread is about GWX 1.04... Not SH4 Vs. SH3 GWX... :up:

Right :X :sunny:

KeybdFlyer
06-28-07, 01:01 PM
Ahhh the gently guiding hand of moderator Seth steers the errant posts back onto track. Love it! :up: Love SH3. Also love GWX. Will probably love GWX 1.04 every bit as much too! Thankfully, we have dedicated enthusiasts who give-up their time for the benefit of all.

Sailor Steve
06-28-07, 04:51 PM
When will it be out? We've all heard "Soon", and "When it gets here"; so I'm going to try something completely different.

It will be released tomorrow. If "tomorrow" comes and it's not here, come back and reread this post every day until it gets here. You'll eventually see that I was right.

Of course the day after it's released this will no longer be valid. At that point I will be wrong. Which is all right by me.

_Seth_
06-28-07, 06:33 PM
When will it be out? We've all heard "Soon", and "When it gets here"; so I'm going to try something completely different.

It will be released tomorrow. If "tomorrow" comes and it's not here, come back and reread this post every day until it gets here. You'll eventually see that I was right.

Of course the day after it's released this will no longer be valid. At that point I will be wrong. Which is all right by me.
:rotfl::rotfl:You hit the nail on the head, Steve! :up:

bookworm_020
06-28-07, 09:21 PM
I saw the lastest sneak peak at the GWX update!:o:o:D:D They just keep getting better and better!:rock: They deserve a big roung of applause for there hard work and dedication to bring this mod to life and take SH3 to the next level.

Jimbuna
06-29-07, 11:12 AM
Believe me guys....the impact GWX 1.03 had will be nothing compared to what 1.04 will be like :rock: :up:

Kpt. Lehmann
06-29-07, 11:20 AM
You know... just when I get to thinking that there is nothing else out there that our guys can shock me with...

Today, I read a post in our dev forum... that made my eyes bug out.:o :o :o

Knowing that we save the best for last, concerning public statements prior to release...

HOLY COW!!! OMG!!! I wish like HELL... that I could spill the beans today.

I'm running out of socks. One can only spend so much money on socks.

melnibonian
06-29-07, 12:07 PM
I'm running out of socks. One can only spend so much money on socks.
I'm already bankrupt because of the effect GWX has on my socks :yep: :D :rotfl:

STEED
06-29-07, 12:12 PM

Every fecking time someone asks the date is put back, it's now 2019.

Feck :damn:

PS: Only joking :rotfl:
PPS: Really I am joking :rotfl: :rotfl:

bigboywooly
06-29-07, 12:14 PM
Tut tut Steed

Its 2008 and you know it

:rotfl:

STEED
06-29-07, 12:18 PM
2008 :arrgh!: :roll: :arrgh!: :sunny:

bigboywooly
06-29-07, 12:19 PM
December

STEED
06-29-07, 12:25 PM
THIS SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME. :hulk:

I'm going down the pub I just can not take anymore of this. :rotfl:

Thniper
06-29-07, 01:03 PM
Suspense? Doesn't apply to me, STEED.:|\\

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jimbuna
06-29-07, 03:48 PM
Some of us have actually got no socks left to wear :nope:

Sailor Steve
06-29-07, 04:44 PM
Believe me guys....the impact GWX 1.03 had will be nothing compared to what 1.04 will be like :rock: :up:
Regarding this and all the following posts: I still haven't seen the original.:cry:

bigboywooly
06-29-07, 05:02 PM
Well you will be lucky to have it all in one go then Steve
Hopefully that wont be too far away

Sailor Steve
06-29-07, 05:28 PM
I like to act like life is horrible. The fact is that while I'm looking forward to it, my biggest frustration is that I have a couple of ideas I was working on that I think will benefit the community as well. Once I'm up and running (which should be fairly soon) I'll be in touch with you guys directly with my ideas and work.

bigboywooly
06-29-07, 05:45 PM
Well I am glad there is an end in sight
Been a long time coming

Schöneboom
06-29-07, 06:17 PM
Some of us have actually got no socks left to wear :nope:

I only play barefoot now -- my socks are safe in the drawer!

HunterICX
06-29-07, 06:19 PM
Been a long time coming

Mmmm.....we demand a 1.05 after 1.04 BBW :rotfl:;)

bigboywooly
06-29-07, 07:00 PM
Been a long time coming

Mmmm.....we demand a 1.05 after 1.04 BBW :rotfl:;)

I was actually referring to Steves situation

Oh and Hunter
NO

JScones
06-29-07, 08:35 PM
:hmm: That's comparing apples and oranges. 1.03 was primarily a "fix" patch - focussed on corrections to existing issues identified by players with little attention given to "new" features. Indeed, 1.03 should be considered a "stepping stone" part of a much broader plan.

1.04 will extend upon the stable base that 1.03 provided by providing primarily "new" content.

So I'd be concerned if 1.04's impact *isn't* much greater than 1.03 as it's providing much more new stuff than any patch before it ever did. ;)

STEED
06-30-07, 04:43 AM
Been a long time coming

WHAT!!!!!!!

You mean this is the end of GWX :o

This is the last patch?

NO IT CAN NOT BE!!!!!

Jimbuna
06-30-07, 07:14 AM
:hmm: That's comparing apples and oranges. 1.03 was primarily a "fix" patch - focussed on corrections to existing issues identified by players with little attention given to "new" features. Indeed, 1.03 should be considered a "stepping stone" part of a much broader plan.

1.04 will extend upon the stable base that 1.03 provided by providing primarily "new" content.

So I'd be concerned if 1.04's impact *isn't* much greater than 1.03 as it's providing much more new stuff than any patch before it ever did. ;)

Yep....gotta agree with you there Jaesen :yep: ....and a personal thank you from me for your recent decision ;)
Best of luck in the coming months :up:

Kpt. Lehmann
06-30-07, 10:37 AM
Been a long time coming

WHAT!!!!!!!

This is the last patch?

NO IT CAN NOT BE!!!!!

Yes, it is the last full, official update for GWX-SH3 core files.

The only things that might follow are potentially critical fixes for game-killing issues if they somehow escape the testing process...

Once it has proven stable... we may release a "full package" containing all previous work for posterity and to eliminate the need for players to chase updates.

JScones
06-30-07, 11:23 AM
....and a personal thank you from me for your recent decision ;)
:hmm: Not sure I'm with you there. I decided earlier on tonight to change my network encapsulation from PPPoE to PPPoA, but somehow I don't think that is what you are referring to.

Less than four weeks to go... and the nesting has begun in earnest.

STEED
06-30-07, 11:45 AM
Been a long time coming

WHAT!!!!!!!

This is the last patch?

NO IT CAN NOT BE!!!!!

The only things that might follow are potentially critical fixes for game-killing issues if they somehow escape the testing process...

Once it has proven stable... we may release a "full package" containing all previous work for posterity and to eliminate the need for players to chase updates.

Well if thats the case I would like to say thanks to the GWX team for taking SH3 to a new and greater level.

Many thanks guys. http://www.langkawi.dk/midis/174.gif http://www.langkawi.dk/midis/176.gif http://www.langkawi.dk/midis/177.gif

Dimitrius07
06-30-07, 12:14 PM
I just want to remind to all that all the GWX members are first humans and not working machinse after all :D . I think they allready done much for sh3 and thise comunity :up:, more that i even expected really.
P.S GWX, NYGM and some other jobs are the primer reason why SH3 is still alive and rocks.
That all a wanted to say ;)

Kpt. Lehmann
06-30-07, 12:20 PM
Don't thank us yet... we haven't brought the boat back from this patrol... and its 1945.:huh:

It does feel quite sad though, but eventually artists have to decide when the painting is finished... Otherwise, they would never be able to start a new one.

Four weeks until a stork comes to visit JScones again... Now there's something to be happy about! :up: :up: :up:

Penelope_Grey
06-30-07, 01:01 PM

Nothing will escape, I have full confidence.:up:

If this truly is the final run of this wolfpack known as the GWX team, then... In the final hours of 1945 I say "SINK EM ALL!!!":rock:

Jimbuna
06-30-07, 01:53 PM
....and a personal thank you from me for your recent decision ;)
:hmm: Not sure I'm with you there. I decided earlier on tonight to change my network encapsulation from PPPoE to PPPoA, but somehow I don't think that is what you are referring to.

Less than four weeks to go... and the nesting has begun in earnest.

Sorry Jaesen....it was not meant to sound clandestine :nope: I was referring to the installer for 1.04 mate :up:

panzermeyer
06-30-07, 06:18 PM
After you guys finnish 1.4, does that mean you'll focus on mods for SH4?
Would be a shame if you didn't, GWX is such a top notch mod, very proffesional, transformed the game into what it should of been from the start.

And I don't even have SH4 yet. lol

Alex
06-30-07, 06:28 PM
After you guys finnish 1.4, does that mean you'll focus on mods for SH4?

Yes ! GWX ported to SH4 ! :D :up:
But let's all be quiet and patient. :cool:

d@rk51d3
06-30-07, 07:18 PM
eventually artists have to decide when the painting is finished... Otherwise, they would never be able to start a new one.

:hmm::hmm::hmm: Hmmmmm, a new one, eh?

bigboywooly
06-30-07, 10:25 PM
eventually artists have to decide when the painting is finished... Otherwise, they would never be able to start a new one.

:hmm::hmm::hmm: Hmmmmm, a new one, eh?

Yes
A life

I wont know what to do with the hours a day I spend in front of the comp
Oh I may actually be able to run a career:doh:

Jimbuna
07-01-07, 06:26 AM
How annoying to have to live with the stigma of getting killed after just 3 patrols despite being in possession of all that insider information :rotfl:

TigerShark808
07-01-07, 05:32 PM

I have played many games in my time yet I dont think I have ever looked forward to an update as much as I look forward to GWX 1.04 . I only started playing this game last Janurary so I was not lucky enough feel the antisipation of a GWX update release before. Most game updates consist of fixing what is wrong with the original ect..ect without actually adding much more to the game. Obviously GWX is past that level and now this next up-date makes most of us feel like a 9 yr old boy/girl on Christmas Eve.Its waiting for a new game/ exspansion without worrying about having enough money for the purchase . GOT TO LOVE IT :)

bookworm_020
07-01-07, 07:11 PM
Are we ready to crash Filefront's servers again?:hmm: I'm ready to give it my best shot!