PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Saved Career Patrols...Broken Glass Everywhere?

Mowinz
06-27-07, 10:33 AM
Hi Folks!

Just curious....anyone else experience the glass breaking on the dials inside the boat when you return/restart a saved patrol in career?

Is it a game bug or do I have a corrupt game install?

Cheers

bigboywooly
06-27-07, 10:34 AM
No its normal if you have damage before the save
The game reloads the damage when you load from a save

Captain Nemo
06-27-07, 10:37 AM
This happens to me too. If you have taken damage during a patrol you get the sound of glass breaking and the dials look broken each time you subsequently load a save from that patrol. As far as I am aware it has no further detrimental effect on your u-boat.

Nemo

maillemaker
06-27-07, 10:43 AM
I agree, I think it is just the game's way of "breaking" everything that was broken when you last saved the game, plus it lets you know unmistakably that you are now driving a damaged submarine.

CapZap1970
06-27-07, 10:46 AM
I agree, I think it is just the game's way of "breaking" everything that was broken when you last saved the game, plus it lets you know unmistakably that you are now driving a damaged submarine.
I agree with you. It automatically compells you to check your hull integrity before diving...
CapZap

Hadrys
06-27-07, 11:02 AM
I agree with you. It automatically compells you to check your hull integrity before diving...
CapZap

Yeah especially if you don't know how much is your hull damaged, you see braking glass, oil leaks etc. It's a pitty that damage textures doesn't reload. I was heaviely hit (as I looked at it) but after crawling back to base it was 75% hull integrity :sunny:

Thniper
06-27-07, 11:06 AM
This happened to me, too.:yep:

BUT...

... I didn't take any damage before!!!:o

I loaded a savegame where my position was about 50 km away from my home port and I had no aircraft attacks on me beforehand.

So, how do you explain that?:hmm:

CapZap1970
06-27-07, 11:09 AM

BUT...

I loaded a savegame where my position was about 50 km away from my home port and I had no aircraft attacks on me beforehand.

Maybe a radar contact you missed, or some kind of contact.... it's the only thing that comes to my mind :hmm:
Oh, were you submerged , perhaps?
CapZap

Thniper
06-27-07, 11:13 AM

BUT...

Maybe a radar contact you missed, or some kind of contact.... it's the only thing that comes to my mind :hmm:
Oh, were you submerged , perhaps?
CapZap

No, nothing missed, I can assure you.
Always surfaced, never save submerged I know, hehehe...;)

Brag
06-27-07, 11:52 AM
The light go off and on, and there is sparking. The longer the situation lasts indicates the severety of the damage (rough rule of thumb, 10 percent damage for every second the phenomena lasts.

Mowinz
06-27-07, 12:19 PM
OK Thanks! This is a great reminder then to those that like to drive their boat with hull damage set to "off". I prefer hull damage displayed "on" in SH3 Commander.

Anyhoo....the boat seems to behave just the same as it did before I saved the game.

Thanks again. :up:

Cheers