PDA

View Full Version : GWX (??)

Sledgehammer427
06-27-07, 04:06 AM
ok, im kinda new to this whole GWX thing, but it looks relatively interesting, and i wanna try it out, problem is, im using my friends computer, who dosent have SH3 and, i have no idea what does what. and worse, i have no CDs. anybody have a solution? maybe somebody can preach to me how cheap blank CDs are?

help?

von Krysiak
06-27-07, 06:06 AM
ok, im kinda new to this whole GWX thing, but it looks relatively interesting, and i wanna try it out, problem is, im using my friends computer, who dosent have SH3 and, i have no idea what does what. and worse, i have no CDs. anybody have a solution? maybe somebody can preach to me how cheap blank CDs are?

help?

Well in order to install GWX you will need a full version of SH3 installed on the computer. I know it probably doesnt help but nowdays the price of SH3 is fairly low...

ReM
06-27-07, 06:20 AM
You need to have SH III intalled and patched to version 1.4...the you download GWX from here (http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX/):

Then you are set to go; I don't know where you live, but here in Europe the game can be obtained for about € 6,-.....which is $ 8.08. Without SH3, no GWX!

And last but not least: welcome

Penelope_Grey
06-27-07, 06:25 AM
Its also possible to buy SH3 online too as a download, or it can be obtained cheaply enough as a disc like the guys have said.

Dowly
06-27-07, 09:34 AM
I think the guy has SHIII on HIS computer, but he can only access the internet via his friend's PC.

Blank CDs are quite cheap, havent bought any for awhile, so cant really tell how the prices are today.

Here's how you get GWX (that is, if I was right about the PC thing :88)), first you ask your friend to download & burn the needed files (check the link ReM posted), use a clean unmodded installation of SHIII and patch it to 1.4b and finally install the GWX + the needed updates to bring it up to date. :up:

Welcome!

Sledgehammer427
07-01-07, 11:59 PM
thanks guys, amazingly, you managed to answer all of the questions i couldnt word to ask lol, thanks again!:smug: