PDA

View Full Version : Flamming Gunners!

nikbear
06-26-07, 06:12 PM
So its early 42 and I'm going down to south america after my own operation drumbeat didn't yield much,I see a small port called Bridgetown I think,anyways sink the armed tug patrolling outside and then surface decks awash and gun the other tug into a fireball,have a look at the harbour,all nuetral except a tribal class and a medium tanker,send both down to be fish playgrounds without to much bother,when all of a sudden I get the message we are under attack?what from indeed?gun crew and flak crew should be able to deal with it,because there's nothing there!:shifty: but wait!!!!!whats this!!!!!!the armed trawler I'd turned into a passing resemblance to a guy fawkes display is firing back!!!!!:huh: using the free camera I zoom in to find the little men still at there posts ON FIRE firing at my sub,the bloody gun position is engulfed in flame and one of them is returning fire:huh: :damn: :o :nope: to add insult to injury the navy's answer to the human torch then manages to kill both my flak crew from 2900m's in the pitch dark!!!!!:damn: :damn: As you can imagine,I'm crying fowl on this one,it's not really realistic is it.the thing was burning like a baghdad taxi,nearly 3000m's away in the night,are the crew really going to fire from gun positons that are engulfed in flame!and be accurate!:nope:

CapZap1970
06-26-07, 08:32 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Sorry if i laugh, but i can almost imagine your face and frustration while you were typing...
It happened to me a couple times and it's not pleasant.
CapZap

nikbear
06-26-07, 09:49 PM
I have to admit,I typed it with gritted teeth:damn:I don't mind being had by ships,got jumped in the fog by a clemson on this very patrol,barely got away with minor damage,thats my own fault,fair enough;)but this was just plain stupid:nope:it grieved me to have to send 2 of my crew into the briney ocean:cry:,I'm quite attached to the little chaps:smug:

Brag
06-27-07, 02:55 PM
Bloody gunners and their unauthorized fire can be a nuisance. Funny when it happens to others. I won't talk about Ponta Delgado. :roll:

CapZap1970
06-27-07, 03:06 PM
Bloody gunners and their unauthorized fire can be a nuisance. Funny when it happens to others. I won't talk about Ponta Delgado. :roll:
What happened in Ponta Delgado? :o
CapZap

Brag
06-27-07, 05:52 PM
CapZap

If you insist:
Went there to take a look. One Brit tramp steamer and a medium tanker were in port. I sent a torp into the tanker, surfaced and gunned the tramp. It went down with four shots. Then the gunners fired a shot at a Portuguese seagoing tug and it blew up.

I sent them below without supper while shore batteries opened up. While diving I sent an adios torpedo into the tanker and got out. :roll:

CapZap1970
06-27-07, 10:54 PM
CapZap

If you insist:
Went there to take a look. One Brit tramp steamer and a medium tanker were in port. I sent a torp into the tanker, surfaced and gunned the tramp. It went down with four shots. Then the gunners fired a shot at a Portuguese seagoing tug and it blew up.

I sent them below without supper while shore batteries opened up. While diving I sent an adios torpedo into the tanker and got out. :roll:
Iam almost 100% sure that Bernard told the gunners to open fire and he made sme kind of waving with his hand to the shore batteries, which added insult to injury... :rotfl: :rotfl:
Glad you sent them to bed without the "Eintopf" ("Spinachs" supper)
CapZap