PDA

View Full Version : Really Annoying!!!!!!

IrischKapitan
06-26-07, 03:07 PM
Ok I have being playing stock SH3 for 3 months now, fantastic game but people have being telling me that I should be using GWX, but I cant.....................

I have a fantastic computer, more than capaple for GWX but my internet conection is a bit...... well lets say it begins with c and ends with p. You see I have the curse of Irish society - DIAL-UP:damn::damn::damn: To Download GWX would take over a day and a half, and I would wait that long, but imagine how bad the phone bill would look :lol:. I cant get high speed broadband due to its inavaibility here and satillite is way too expencive. So due to Eircoms ineptness at providing a decent telecomunications structre, I cant have GWX.........:shifty:

I can tell you now I am very annoyed........................................... .....

danurve
06-26-07, 03:19 PM
I am sure if you ask someone nice like near you to burn a dvd of the mod your after it could happen.
Beats wizzing on an electric dial-up fence.

KeybdFlyer
06-26-07, 03:20 PM
Have somebody mail you a couple of CDs with the files burned on them. There must be somebody in the UK that could do that for you. If nobody offers in the next day or so, I'll send them from here if you like. You simply HAVE to have GWX, lol.

Canovaro
06-26-07, 03:23 PM
Dial up?? In holland soon that's not even possible anymore.

IrischKapitan
06-26-07, 03:31 PM
Yes 3/4 of Irish internet using population is still using dail up, even though broadband is is here over 5 years. :stare:

Jimbuna
06-26-07, 03:39 PM
I'm sure you'll be sorted soon :yep: There are a few regulars from Ireland who frequent this forum :up:
If all else fails, I'm sure a PM to someone (that includes myself) would get you sorted :arrgh!:

Heibges
06-26-07, 05:08 PM
Yes 3/4 of Irish internet using population is still using dail up, even though broadband is is here over 5 years. :stare:

I live in San Francisco, and it took us forever to get Broadband. They had it everywhere in the Bay Area but here.

And we're 45 minutes from Silicon Valley.

IrischKapitan
06-26-07, 06:37 PM
Ok is there any Irish or English person willing to burn me GWX onto a DVD, I will pay for postage and the DVD.
Thanks

CaptainNemo12
06-26-07, 07:18 PM
IrishKapitan

Is it possible for you to access highspeed internet at a public location? Like a library, etc.

I'm using dial-up too but I downloaded GWX at my library in less than an hour.:up:

Collie
06-27-07, 02:45 AM
Can you not pop down to an internet cafe and download it? Donegal can't be that bad despite Eircom's best efforts. If needs be I can post the disc onto you as I have it at home in Dublin

IrischKapitan
06-27-07, 02:26 PM
Good News!! My friend is going to download it for me where he works (Ive never realised that he could until i asked him today!).

Many thanks to the good people who offered to download it for me :up:.
But I shall have GWX next week :smug:!!!

Jimbuna
06-27-07, 02:28 PM
Good News!! My friend is going to download it for me where he works (Ive never realised that he could until i asked him today!).

Many thanks to the good people who offered to download it for me :up:.
But I shall have GWX next week :smug:!!!

Pleased to hear it :up: