PDA

View Full Version : GWX - enemy ship ID

MaciejK
06-25-07, 07:54 AM
I was just trying doing the manual TDC in GWX 1.03. But I have noticed that even with 100 percent realism enemy ships are already identified. Is that the way it should be in GWX or I must have porked something with other mods - I installed some other stuffas well...

Regards

Maciej

Hitman
06-25-07, 08:26 AM
I have completely standard GWX 1.03 with some official GWX mods (16 km visibility) and I also get the generic message "Destroyer" or "Merchant" when my scope goes over the enemy :hmm:

MaciejK
06-25-07, 08:43 AM
Yes, I've just reinstalled GWX 10.3 to make sure that I don't have anything apart from that. Is there any way of turning the automatic identification, even if it only gives generic ship classes / types, and not full and exact identification? I would like to do it myself...

M

dcb
06-25-07, 02:29 PM
Is there any way of turning the automatic identification, even if it only gives generic ship classes / types, and not full and exact identification?

Sorry if I got it wrong, but I think you want to turn it off. If this is the case, then in data\roster\English.cfg replace every ship type with a minus sign '-'. This is the generic sign used by the notepad.

MaciejK
06-25-07, 02:37 PM
you're right, i meant turning it off:)

So now, when i will ID the ship and check it in the recognition manual - than it will put the ship tyope into the notepad, right:)?

M

dcb
06-26-07, 12:01 AM
So now, when i will ID the ship and check it in the recognition manual - than it will put the ship tyope into the notepad, right:)?

Yes. That's what I use myself, so I'm pretty sure about it.:)

MaciejK
06-26-07, 03:13 AM
Big thanks:)

Maraz
06-26-07, 08:40 AM
I was just trying doing the manual TDC in GWX 1.03. But I have noticed that even with 100 percent realism enemy ships are already identified.

Actually I get no clue whether the ship is enemy or not, just the type of ship (destroyer - cargo - tanker - etc).

IMHO this is somehow realistic, I believe in real world you can say what type a ship is at least from 10km or even more (if visibility is good). Instead in SH3/GWX, at 10km a ship is only a bunch of pixels.

Same problem with flags, once in real life, I could see an US Navy flag, after careful watching with 8x40 binoculars, at about 11km. In game, one cannot clearly see the flag until 1000-1500 m

Maybe a higher (though un-historical) magnification in periscope, UZO and binoculars could help a bit.

Maraz