PDA

View Full Version : Same patrol area

Junker
06-24-07, 04:38 AM
Hi all , I'm new to this forum so i don't know if this question has been raised and i can't seem to find any related posts so i'm gonna have to ask so sorry in advance if this is an oldie :(
The problem i have is that i keep being assigned to the same patrol area time after time (about 6 patrols now) and i'm getting a bit bored with it, is this a bug and if so what can i do about it if anything. I'm running grey wolves which i think is a fantastic add-on btw.
Anyway hope you can help with this and sorry for being such a noob lol.:88)

Elysion
06-24-07, 04:47 AM
This was happening to me also. Its strange as i have heard some mention of it but not very commonly.

I tried reinstalling the game/different mods. But i couldnt find anything specificly linked to causing it (it was happening in the stock game aswell as with everything else, and even SH3 commanders 'random' buton where it will assign your next grid based randomly, was ONLY giving me the same one (it will usualy cycle through grids).

This lead me to think there was some problem with the config file, either with the career or with the actual one which lists the grids.

My current career is getting random assignments again. I did nothing differently than usual so i dont know why it suddenly started.

I guess you can just keep making new careers and doing one patrol to see if a new one is given the next time (ive never had it start repeating mid-career)

Or you could just use SH3 commander and give yourself a good grid permanently.

Either way, ive not heard much on it, but it has been happening to me also.

Jimbuna
06-24-07, 06:11 AM
Welcome aboard kaleun Junker :arrgh!:

By "grey wolves" I presume it's GWX your playing :hmm: If not, then get GWX and SH3 Commander....you will then have the ability to assign yourself whichever patrol grid you like :up: Good hunting ;)

Junker
06-25-07, 03:03 PM
Thx for the warm welcome and speedy replies mein herren , just to clarify a bit , the problem happened for me also in the stock game and ONLY after i had done several patrols just as now.
Well at least i know its not just me and tbh it's not THAT big a problem especially as the grid is CG77 not too far from home base.
So for now at least i'll just grin and bear it but thx for the good advice and good hunting.

ReM
06-25-07, 03:16 PM
You could give SH3 commander a try....it allows you to change multiple settings to make SH III just to your liking....it is a great piece of work; and above all : it is FREE!

Anyway, welcome....

You found a good game and a good place to visit!:yep:

Jimbuna
06-25-07, 03:45 PM
Thx for the warm welcome and speedy replies mein herren , just to clarify a bit , the problem happened for me also in the stock game and ONLY after i had done several patrols just as now.
Well at least i know its not just me and tbh it's not THAT big a problem especially as the grid is CG77 not too far from home base.
So for now at least i'll just grin and bear it but thx for the good advice and good hunting.

Where abouts in South Shields are you Junker? :hmm:

Junker
06-26-07, 09:19 AM
I live in South Eldon Street in Tyne Dock right next to Kennedy's pub :))
and thx again all for the advice, as i say i will try SH3Commander but not until i finish this career.

Jimbuna
06-26-07, 09:34 AM
This is either really uncanny or an extremely well prepared wind-up. :hmm:
My mother in law lives less than 100 yards away from you ;)