PDA

View Full Version : GWX assigned missions

joegrundman
06-22-07, 01:45 AM
So I finally got GWX installed and running, and what can i say but awesome!

But after awesome comes first question.

1939 start, assigned BE32 for patrol. As I am about 100 miles north of my patrol zone I get a GWX message assigning my boat to patrol between Faroes and Iceland. How does this work? I figured i should still complete the BE32 patrol for the reknown, and am now on my way north.

Kpt. Lehmann
06-22-07, 01:55 AM
The initial assigned grid is the "official" one.

Many of the radio messages in GWX are there for the immersion factor... but many of them also serve very real purposes... It is your decision to make...

Many of the radio messages are part of DOZENS of scripted historical events that occur at correct dates and times. (Bismarck sinking, D-Day Invasion, etc etc)

Every major naval engagement in the Atlantic, Black Sea, and Mediterranean has been scripted in GWX. Many historically accurate events occur in the Indian ocean and Arctic regions as well. (Refer to GWX manual)

You will get a feel for what is accurate and what is there for immersion.:yep:

ichso
06-22-07, 02:31 AM
Never got those messages since GWX 1.03 :/

Sebbe02
06-22-07, 04:31 AM
1941: i get a message that assigns several U-boats to form a defensive line across the rockall banks. Is this something real?:)

ichso
06-22-07, 04:49 AM
I think so. Hasn't GWX included some historic acurate events ? So there might be something in this area and you should go and take a look ;) If you manage to do it in time.
You could also turn on SH3Gen for this savegame and look what the Intel says about expected enemy craft in this area, they're ought to be right many times.