PDA

View Full Version : Newbe Q, torpedo

gentlemannen
06-20-07, 01:50 PM
Hmm....I found it really hard to torpedo ship. In the communitymanual is says "Put the periscope crosshairs over what you want to hit, and press "fire"." Yeah right! :) That would work if the ship was not moving, but they tend to do that. So I tried to shoot in front of the ship so it "sails" right in to my incoming torpedo, but mostly I miss. Dont know HOW fare infront av the ship Im suppose to aim? Do you pro have any advise? Another question, on the F6 view there is sometimes long black lines and short lines from my u-boat, whats the differens? I have tons of qustions....I usually just play strategy-games :) I havent tried a real mission yet, stuck in the academy, I will probably stay there hehe.....

ReallyDedPoet
06-20-07, 01:55 PM
Hmm....I found it really hard to torpedo ship. In the communitymanual is says "Put the periscope crosshairs over what you want to hit, and press "fire"." Yeah right! :) That would work if the ship was not moving, but they tend to do that. So I tried to shoot in front of the ship so it "sails" right in to my incoming torpedo, but mostly I miss. Dont know HOW fare infront av the ship Im suppose to aim? Do you pro have any advise? Another question, on the F6 view there is sometimes long black lines and short lines from my u-boat, whats the differens? I have tons of qustions....I usually just play strategy-games :) I havent tried a real mission yet, stuck in the academy, I will probably stay there hehe.....
Hit "L" key to lock the view to the ship, there is also this option on your torpedo panel
( button ).

Not sure I get your second question.

RDP

Mush Martin
06-20-07, 01:58 PM
each of the lines approximates distance to the contact on that
bearing.

most folks aim at the formast of a ship as often aiming at the
centre (where you lock too) leaves the torp a long way aft
on the target and will often miss. try to have your ship aimed
close to the torpedos direction of travel so it wont lose time
making the turn. fire from 1000 to 800 yds for best results
and use the Q button to open your selected torpedo tube
so that the cycle time to open the door wont take you
off the target.

[edit] it is good to lock the target after the tube is open
then hit the checkmark on the data pad at that point
unlock move the crosshair to the foremast and fire.

as for depth settings and magnetic detonations Ill let
someone else cover that while Im at work.

and welcome aboard matey.:arrgh!:

MM

Brag
06-20-07, 01:59 PM
Unless you have selected manual targetting, the torpedo (weapons) officer will have entered the peoper speed, course and distance into the torpedo computer )TDC). All you need to do is aim at the part of the ship you want to hit.

If you press L the periscope will lock on the center of the ship. If you want to hit another seccion, press L again and aim the cross hair at the spot you want the torpedo to go.

Looking forward to seeing you operational, soon :up:

Paajtor
06-20-07, 02:03 PM
Have a look here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96026)!:D

canimodo
06-22-07, 06:13 PM
You are probbly forgetting to open the torpedo tube door...

It takes about 5 seconds to open the door & fire, so open the door 5 sec (or more) before you fire....

Q opens selected tube door :arrgh!: