PDA

View Full Version : radar problems

cmayer315
06-19-07, 07:52 AM
hi im new to all this sub sim stuff and i love it the problem is my radar or lack off it just dont work :hmm: also ive notice when i dive the front dive planes stay in surface position is there any thing i can do to sort the problems out any help would be great thanks

SteamWake
06-19-07, 08:40 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Both of these issues are known bugs which are discussed in the bug list at the top of these forums.

The radar (if you have one on your boat) only works when facing south for some reason. It will be addressed in the upcomming patch.

The dive planes is a graphical anomolie. It will not impact your dive times whatsoever and only happens occasionally. It is on the wish list for the upcomming patch.

DirtyHarry3033
06-19-07, 04:25 PM
There's a mod, I think it's the most recent FTT that will fix the radar problem. Since I installed it, radar works fine no matter what my course is!

Like SteamWake said, the forward plane prob is "cosmetic" only, won't affect your sub's diving. It is caused when you load a game that was saved while you were submerged. If you do that, the planes will be folded up.

You can get 'em working right again by surfacing, saving the game, then re-loading that save. However, next time you load a game you saved when submerged, the glitch will come back :(

Welcome, and good hunting!

DH

cmayer315
06-19-07, 05:03 PM
thanks for the help guys i will look forward to the patch till then i can live with the radar and carry on the hunt. thanks.

Chris2802
06-20-07, 04:22 AM
The radar (if you have one on your boat) only works when facing south for some reason. It will be addressed in the upcomming patch.

Thats odd, my radar only work when I'm going north!

-Chris

cmayer315
06-20-07, 09:46 AM
i think the problem is solved i downloaded ftt and now seems to be working:up:

SteamWake
06-20-07, 11:18 AM

Thats odd, my radar only work when I'm going north!

-Chris

North South East West I forget which one but I do know that 180 degrees of the cardinal points the stock radar dont work.