PDA

View Full Version : Exit to Windows when loading Saved Games

catalan
06-18-07, 07:50 PM
Hello everyone,

This has been a recurring problem which I hope is adressed by the upcoming Patch 1.3.

Sometimes, when I save games and try to return to the saved game, SH4 loads the screen with the red completion bar, then the screen with "Please wait", but then SH4 either exits immediately to Windows by itself, or it shows an Error message.

Could anyone please offer a remedy to this problem? Or is it one of those problems that everyone has; they are waiting for 1.3 too?

Thank you in advance.

John Channing
06-18-07, 08:34 PM
There are may reports of people being unable to load saved missions. This is not a problem I have ever had (touch wood) in either SH3 or SH4 so have no direct experience to offer.

One possibiliry occurs to me. Did you perhaps install any mods while you were "at sea". If so your save will be corrupted You could try removing the Mods, but it probably won't help.

One thing I do that I is that I only save one name per patrol. For example when I leave on a patrol (say my 4th one) I save it as "Patrol 4". Any subsequent saves throughout that patrol I only save as "Patrol 4", which over writes the previous save. Following this I have never had a corrupted save. I have saved near the Op-For, under water, on the surface... just about any combination you can think of, and have never had a problem.

I realize this is too late to help, but it is something to consider for the future.

JCC

ReallyDedPoet
06-18-07, 08:38 PM
One thing I do that I is that I only save one name per patrol. For example when I leave on a patrol (say my 4th one) I save it as "Patrol 4". Any subsequent saves throughout that patrol I only save as "Patrol 4", which over writes the previous save.

Same here, I basically follow this process, no problems with a saved game, yet anyway.

Hopefully you get it figured out catalan :yep:

RDP

AkbarGulag
06-18-07, 08:49 PM
Another suggestion was only save your games in the 'Navigation' screen. I had a couple of CTD's from saves and have only saved in the 'Navigation' menu since... No more CTD's.

tater
06-18-07, 09:06 PM
Also, i have seen it suggested to never save while in time compression.

Major Johnson
06-18-07, 09:16 PM
I have to say, I had the exact same type of CTDs and I usually saved in the Nav screen also, but I can't say I only saved in the Nav screen. But I also had the saves just disappear as well! I heard this was an issue in SH3 as well. I never got that far into SH3 to find out though.

crapgame
06-19-07, 03:15 AM
One thing I do that I is that I only save one name per patrol. For example when I leave on a patrol (say my 4th one) I save it as "Patrol 4". Any subsequent saves throughout that patrol I only save as "Patrol 4", which over writes the previous save. Following this I have never had a corrupted save. I have saved near the Op-For, under water, on the surface... just about any combination you can think of, and have never had a problem.

I realize this is too late to help, but it is something to consider for the future.

JCC

I have started doing this and think it is the best policy

John Channing
06-19-07, 06:26 AM
I have saved in TC, in all of the screens F-2 to F11, underwater, on the surface, near ships. all alone, in harbor and while paused and never had a corrupt savegame file.

JCC

longam
06-19-07, 06:32 AM
When I save underwater and load the save it always says were taking damage, but I receive none. But I never had a CTD yet and save as new name multiple times. Seem's there is no logic to how it effects each system.

catalan
06-19-07, 06:26 PM
Thank you for replying. I appreciate the help and I will surely take note of the suggestions here.