PDA

View Full Version : Sandstorm pic

SUBMAN1
06-18-07, 02:54 PM
Israeli Air Force F-15 pilot captured the following amazing sand storm pics. The storm was 8,000 ft high and moving with a speed of 60 km/h.

http://www.armedassault.org/images/5.jpg

http://www.armedassault.org/images/4.jpg

http://www.armedassault.org/images/6-1.jpg

SUBMAN1
06-18-07, 03:00 PM
Oops. Wrong forum. Maybe someone can move it for me?

-S

Rilder
06-18-07, 09:57 PM
Wow thats really cool, must of sucked for anyone taking a jog at the moment...

Lagger123987
06-18-07, 10:25 PM
WoW! I wonder the people in that storm can breathe through that?

NeonSamurai
06-19-07, 10:13 AM
Moved to general forum :)

Happy Times
06-19-07, 10:27 AM
Where did it generate, Negev, Sinai? What kinda harm does it do to people and property?

The Avon Lady
06-19-07, 10:28 AM
They're always followed by a drizzle, followed by a full day of cleaning up the muddy windows and porches. Having double glazed windows sealed shut helps limit the dust indoors.

Am I boring yas? :D

The Avon Lady
06-19-07, 10:30 AM
Where did it generate, Negev, Sinai? What kinda harm does it do to people and property?
These storms can start in the Sahara and come up from the south via Egypt and Sinai or over the Mediteranean, moving inland from west to east.

The dust is apparently very beneficial for the ground soil.

Happy Times
06-19-07, 10:32 AM
They're always followed by a drizzle, followed by a full day of cleaning up the muddy windows and porches. Having double glazed windows sealed shut helps limit the dust indoors.

Thats a real pain, do they come often? Didnt see any when i lived there but we were mostly in the north.

Skybird
06-19-07, 10:34 AM
"A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then that it is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padisha-Emperor Shaddam IV. - my father. In this time, the most precious substance is the spice-melange. The spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe, a desolate dry planet with vast desert. The planet is Arrakis, also known as- DUNE." :D

Happy Times
06-19-07, 10:35 AM
"A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then that it is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padisha-Emperor Shaddam IV. - my father. In this time, the most precious substance is the spice-melange. The spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe, a desolate dry planet with vast desert. The planet is Arrakis, also known as- DUNE." :D

Are you drinkin also?

The Avon Lady
06-19-07, 10:37 AM

Thats a real pain, do they come often? Didnt see any when i lived there but we were mostly in the north.
Usually winter and early spring, from 2 to 4 of them a year. I suppose they're a bit worse in the center and south than up north but not sure. We're a tiny enough country as it is. :roll:

Skybird
06-19-07, 10:53 AM

Are you drinkin also?
Rarely. It's just some excerpts from the opening texts for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Dune-Francesca-Annis/dp/B0007PAMR4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5156411-1061625?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1182268316&sr=8-1

Very bad movie. Very impressive (but unusual) book(s).

Camaero
06-19-07, 03:10 PM

Are you drinkin also?

He who controls the spice, controls the fate of the universe!!!!!!!!

TheBrauerHour
06-19-07, 04:44 PM
I remember being in the desert on the 50 cal mounted on top of a Humvee. I truly felt like I was one with nature. And after a patrol I was absolutely caked with sand! :lol:

Happy Times
06-19-07, 04:49 PM
I remember being in the desert on the 50 cal mounted on top of a Humvee. I truly felt like I was one with nature. And after a patrol I was absolutely caked with sand! :lol:

OK and now you have to tell us, in what country were you patroling with that Humvee?:hmm: War zone?

Tchocky
06-19-07, 04:54 PM
How does one feel ot one with nature with a machine gun?

nevermind

robbo180265
06-19-07, 04:54 PM
Fantastic photos Subman - thanks for sharing:up:

Sailor Steve
06-19-07, 05:05 PM
Yep, that looks pretty intense.

Yahoshua
06-19-07, 05:38 PM
Isn't it fun knowing that a dust mask/gas mask sieve is too fine for the mask to work correctly (or at least not without some heavy huffing and puffing to get the air through all the dust).

Skybird
06-19-07, 05:40 PM

Are you drinkin also?

He who controls the spice, controls the fate of the universe!!!!!!!!
OPEC proverb. :smug:

TheBrauerHour
06-19-07, 08:08 PM
How does one feel ot one with nature with a machine gun?

nevermind

You are one with nature because that nature goes up your nose, in your ears, down your throat..... :D

Reaves
06-19-07, 08:22 PM
Makes me love the moderate weather we get here. No tornadoes, no sandstorms and no blizzards.

bookworm_020
06-19-07, 09:00 PM
Makes me love the moderate weather we get here. No tornadoes, no sandstorms and no blizzards.
Just cyclones, Bushfires, Droughts, Floods, the worlds most venomous spiders and snakes and shark's that can give you a good mauling;)

Australia does get tornadoes, it's just with a smaller population they don't always get reported!:ping:

Reaves
06-19-07, 09:08 PM
Just cyclones, Bushfires, Droughts, Floods, the worlds most venomous spiders and snakes and shark's that can give you a good mauling;)

Australia does get tornadoes, it's just with a smaller population they don't always get reported!:ping:

Yeah I've heard of a few reported. But they are nothing compared to the USA.