PDA

View Full Version : how to uninstall gwx and sh3?

06-16-07, 02:05 PM
Hello,
I installed the weather mod, but I did it incorrectly. I just downloaded it and ran it. In the future I need to install it and run it like any other mod, via jsgme. Now I have some problems, like the Uboat detector not turning from red to green, unless I save and come back by starting over.
I want to do a complete overhaul and would like to know what steps I should uninstall the files. I have SH3 installed with all the patches, I have GWX installed up to 1.03patch, and I have SH3 commander installed.
Thanks for the help, I posted a thread asking on how to install a mod properly so that I know how to do that in the future.

irish1958
06-17-07, 10:37 AM
SH3Weather is a stand alone exe file and therefore cannot be installed via JSGME. However, if you put the program in your SHIII folder, SH3CMDR will find it and run it for you prior to loading the game.
To uninstall SHIII, run the unistall utility, and then delete the folder Ubisoft. To delete SH3CMDR run the uninstall utility.
Delete or rename the folder SH3 in your documents.
If you are luckey, this will do it.
If you are unluckey, then you may have to clean your regestry and InstallShield folder.

06-18-07, 12:50 PM
Thanks,
I experienced a complete meltdown on SH3CDR, I think it had to do with the weather mod, because I wasnt having problems before I d/l'd this.
I uninstalled the weather mod, regularly, but I also uninstalled SH3 CDR.
Now I'm just trying to get sh3 commander back on, but I'm having problems and have forgotten how to install this. Just unzipping the folder and extracting the contents in the main/cfg doesnt bring sh3 commander back, but I think I need to run GWX before the icon for sh3 commander will come back, I'll have to give this a go again tonight.
boy, having a few days away from GWX is really a pain. I need that outlet!
thanks for your help. Looking back, I think I should have just uninstalled the weather mod only, but I thought I had to do the sh3 commander uninstall too, because everytime I tried to load it you, an error would happen.
tough times.