PDA

View Full Version : I felt suddenly drunk!

Captain Nemo
06-13-07, 05:10 AM
I received a contact report that there was a small enemy task force stationary in one of the Norwegian Fjords. I decided to have a crack at this TF and after navigating my way to where the TF was last reported, I approached on the surface in darkness to 2,500 metres and fired off two torps at a troopship. With only 10 metres under the keel, immediately after firing I headed away at flank speed. After a couple of minutes, boom and the message "She's going down". Then everything started spinning as though I had been on the sauce all night or perhaps Bernard had spiked my cocoa. On the conning tower, in the control room, even the map was moving to the left. What the hell is going on. Anyway it eventually stopped, except for external view which is was still spinning away and I managed to successfully slip away undetected.

I intend to return when it gets dark again and have a crack at the second troopship that was there, which leads to another question. I have moved several kilometres away to deeper water which offers better protection should I need to dive. When I return will the troopship that I had sunk re-spawn or will it remain sunk. I remember reading on the forum that damaged ships repair themselves when you move a certain distance away but not sure about sunk ships.

Nemo

SmokinTep
06-13-07, 05:16 AM
Sunk is sunk...........

Vacillator
06-13-07, 05:29 AM
Wierd happenings!

I once had the Fiji cruiser in Loch Ewe sink after I left. I must have saved at the worng time / position or whatever, because when I went back it had settled on the bottom in shallow water but my log was not credited with the sinking. As it was on the bottom it was no longer a viable target! :damn:

Ubåtskapten
06-13-07, 08:09 AM
Those fjords seems to be a bit to shallow sometimes.
But that didn't stop me from attacking this task force in the shallow waters, and escape underwater unnoticed. The early war destroyers without asdic didn't have much of a clue where I was after I'd started lurking away silently.

Next time I might try to strike them on surface if the weather allows.:up:

Captain Nemo
06-13-07, 08:22 AM
Wierd happenings!

I once had the Fiji cruiser in Loch Ewe sink after I left. I must have saved at the worng time / position or whatever, because when I went back it had settled on the bottom in shallow water but my log was not credited with the sinking. As it was on the bottom it was no longer a viable target! :damn:

I was thinking this could happen before I attacked the Task Force being that it was in shallow water. Luckily for me as soon as the second torp hit the troopship it exploded in a fire ball (lit up the sky like a fireworks display) and I got the "She's going down" report from the crew. I then checked my log and an 8,000+ ton troopship has been credited.

Nemo

Captain Nemo
06-13-07, 08:39 AM
Those fjords seems to be a bit to shallow sometimes.
But that didn't stop me from attacking this task force in the shallow waters, and escape underwater unnoticed. The early war destroyers without asdic didn't have much of a clue where I was after I'd started lurking away silently.

Next time I might try to strike them on surface if the weather allows.:up:

I only had 10 metres under the keel so a submerged approach was out of the question. The weather however, was very overcast, in fact it was pitch black and the sea state was rough. This probably helped me avoid detection and seeing that all the ships were stationary allowed me to take a long range shot. Whether the conditions will be as favourable when I go back for the second troopship I'm not sure as the cloud was breaking up when dawn arrived.

Nemo

Jimbuna
06-13-07, 10:59 AM
Wierd happenings!

Never save until you've received the message "She's going down" :up:

Captain Nemo
06-14-07, 04:32 AM
Sunk is sunk...........

Well, I went back to finish off the other troopship and discovered that there were two troopships (again) so not sure if sunk is sunk to be honest. Perhaps there were three and I missed the third one on my first attack. In any case, on my second attack I sunk both troopships and a Fiji Class Cruiser, so not a bad couple of nights work.

Nemo