PDA

View Full Version : Sightings?

Rose
06-11-07, 06:55 PM
In vein of the Area 51 thread, has anyone here ever experienced or heard friends experiences of any ghostly/alien phenomena? I don't really know if I believe that stuff or not -- I'm just curious. Creepy things happen...

Camaero
06-11-07, 06:57 PM
My mom has told me many times that aliens abducted her while she was playing in a ditch. She said they took her "brain chip", but promised to bring it back one day. :doh:

Rose
06-11-07, 06:58 PM
My mom has told me many times that aliens abducted her while she was playing in a ditch. She said they took her "brain chip", but promised to bring it back one day. :doh:

Hahaha -- wait, did she actually say that?

Sailor Steve
06-11-07, 06:59 PM
Not me. Never seen a ghost, or even heard one. Never seen a UFO. Guess I'm just not one of the lucky ones.:roll:

Camaero
06-11-07, 07:00 PM

Hahaha -- wait, did she actually say that?

Yes, but I can never figure out if she is being serious or not. :hmm:

robbo180265
06-11-07, 07:27 PM
I lived in a Victorian house in the Elephant & Castle in London from about 3yrs to 11yrs old. The street started at our house (No3) and at No4 across the road,because No1 and No2 had been destroyed by a V1 during WWII.

I always felt uneasy about turning the light out in the bedroom my brother and I shared,and indeed had several night lights for a good number of years.

As we got older (my brother was 4yrs younger than me) we both started having nightmares,I started sleep walking and talking - which really freaked my parents out! And neither my brother or I were at all comfortable in that part of the house.

One night my brother woke me screaming - he'd seen a woman standing at the foot of his bed! I turned the light on and, you've guessed it there was nothing there. I have to say I didn't see a thing, but he was just too freaked out for it to just be a dream,I'm sure it was reall.

After that our parents played down the whole thing, no such thing as ghosts etc. We carried on having nightmares,and I carried on sleepwalking/talking.

Eventually we managed to get a place in Basingstoke Hampshire,and in the months leading up to the move, my Dad investigated the house's history. Apparently when 1 and 3 Aldbridge sreet were destroyed there was only one fatality- a woman was killed in No1 next door to us. Also Dad went into the attic and found a shed-load of rubble from next door

As soon as we moved away all the nightmares etc went away,both my brother and I slept soundly at night.

When I reached 16 (1981 - yes I know I'm old!) The old house in London was scheduled for demolition,so I thought I'd pay it a visit. I climbed over the fence and into the house for one last look around. Know what? I couldn't climb the stairs to my bedroom, I just froze,turned around and legged it - I was terrified!

I hadn't seen a thing, but the feeling of fear was overwhelming - weird huh?

Rose
06-11-07, 07:35 PM
I lived in a Victorian house in the Elephant & Castle in London from about 3yrs to 11yrs old. The street started at our house (No3) and at No4 across the road,because No1 and No2 had been destroyed by a V1 during WWII.

I always felt uneasy about turning the light out in the bedroom my brother and I shared,and indeed had several night lights for a good number of years.

As we got older (my brother was 4yrs younger than me) we both started having nightmares,I started sleep walking and talking - which really freaked my parents out! And neither my brother or I were at all comfortable in that part of the house.

One night my brother woke me screaming - he'd seen a woman standing at the foot of his bed! I turned the light on and, you've guessed it there was nothing there. I have to say I didn't see a thing, but he was just too freaked out for it to just be a dream,I'm sure it was reall.

After that our parents played down the whole thing, no such thing as ghosts etc. We carried on having nightmares,and I carried on sleepwalking/talking.

Eventually we managed to get a place in Basingstoke Hampshire,and in the months leading up to the move, my Dad investigated the house's history. Apparently when 1 and 3 Aldbridge sreet were destroyed there was only one fatality- a woman was killed in No1 next door to us. Also Dad went into the attic and found a shed-load of rubble from next door

As soon as we moved away all the nightmares etc went away,both my brother and I slept soundly at night.

When I reached 16 (1981 - yes I know I'm old!) The old house in London was scheduled for demolition,so I thought I'd pay it a visit. I climbed over the fence and into the house for one last look around. Know what? I couldn't climb the stairs to my bedroom, I just froze,turned around and legged it - I was terrified!

I hadn't seen a thing, but the feeling of fear was overwhelming - weird huh?

:huh: That's some scary ****. My friend had an alien story but I don't remember it in enough detail to retell it here. Maybe I'll ask him tomorrow.

robbo180265
06-11-07, 07:38 PM
It was pretty scary at the time, and my parents had so little money we couldn't move which didn't help.

Rose
06-11-07, 07:40 PM
Was the content of your nightmares the same every time? Or were they different nightmares every night? Did you and your bro have similar nightmares? Even if not, it's still weird that as soon as you moved out you stopped having those bad dreams.

P_Funk
06-11-07, 07:42 PM
My mom tells me that when I was little living in our first house I had once said that I felt like someone was pulling my legs while I lay in bed. Apparently the woman that had lived there before us had died in my room.:o

robbo180265
06-11-07, 07:47 PM
Was the content of your nightmares the same every time? Or were they different nightmares every night? Did you and your bro have similar nightmares? Even if not, it's still weird that as soon as you moved out you stopped having those bad dreams.

I don't remember them now(it was a loooooong time ago) I do remember that they were different though. I used to walk downstairs still asleep, and talk gobbledigook to my parents, and then wake up as if in the middle of a nightmare - if that makes sense?

AVGWarhawk
06-11-07, 07:50 PM
No aliens here but I do believe I saw a very evil spectre or henchman. I was a small kid in New York. My pop had his medical practice off the side of our house. One evening the door was open to the office. It was dark. I stood there for a few minutes and red eyes appeared in the darkness. The eyes were over six feet tall, at least this is how it looked to a kid like me. I quickly thought car lights but car lights are not red and then the eyes blinked three times and vanished. I felt cold. Being me, a munchkin, ran to my bedroom and did not sleep all night.

robbo180265
06-11-07, 07:53 PM
No aliens here but I do believe I saw a very evil spectre or henchman. I was a small kid in New York. My pop had his medical practice off the side of our house. One evening the door was open to the office. It was dark. I stood there for a few minutes and red eyes appeared in the darkness. The eyes were over six feet tall, at least this is how it looked to a kid like me. I quickly thought car lights but car lights are not red and then the eyes blinked three times and vanished. I felt cold. Being me, a munchkin, ran to my bedroom and did not sleep all night.

Ooo-errr! I just went cold reading that!

Rose
06-11-07, 07:56 PM

Was this in the city or somewhere in the country? In the city I always feel "safe" from these kinds of things because everything is so busy all the time, and most apartments are small and modern and not creepy. Houses in the country, on the other hand, sometimes really creep me out at night. And im 16 :roll:. I've been in death-potential situations and I'm still creeped out by this stupid stuff...

Yahoshua
06-11-07, 08:06 PM
You guys get creeped out VERY easily.

Rose
06-11-07, 08:11 PM
You guys get creeped out VERY easily.

Yep :oops:

bradclark1
06-11-07, 08:13 PM
I thought I saw one years ago at night. Freaked me out and I nearly wrecked. It was a Good Year blimp and the blimp itself was lit from the inside. :lol:
True story.

robbo180265
06-11-07, 08:14 PM
I thought I saw one years ago at night. Freaked me out and I nearly wrecked. It was a Good Year blimp and the blimp itself was lit from the inside. :lol:
True story.
:rotfl:

That's happened to me too!:D :oops: :D

Yahoshua
06-11-07, 08:15 PM
I could so have fun torturing you people with "sightings" of ordinary household objects.....:cool:

Chock
06-11-07, 08:46 PM
Okay here we go, whether you choose to believe these or not is up to you:

The house I currently live in is a Victorian-era big old thing with most of the original fittings, both my wife and I suspect that a woman who previously lived in it 'haunts' it for want of a better description. You can hear her moving around and we've occasionally seen her as a faint outline, lots of things get moved around and electrical items get unplugged, stuff like that, nothing really scary, just kind of odd more than anything. But that's not at all exciting in comparison to some other stuff I've experienced...

Prior to buying that house, I lived in my parent's house (also a Victorian-era building). The previous owner - before my parents bought the house - had killed himself in a rather gruesome way: he went into a lean-to greenhouse that was built onto the end of the kitchen and deliberately slit his throat, subsequently bleeding to death. Later the house was extended and the kitchen was built over where the greenhouse had been. Some weird sh*t happaned in that house, most things occurring in the kitchen. I once saw a Roman soldier in there (yes I know that sounds like bullsh*t) but I swear on my wife's life that I really did see that. Another time I heard a really terrifyingly angry woman's voice scream 'What the Hell do you want?' as loud as though she could have been stood next to me and the odd thing is, that even though all I heard was that, for some reason I knew that she was screaming it at a little girl, don't ask me how I knew that, but that's the feeling I got, it sounds pretty mundane I know, but it really was very scary. That really freaked me out.
Another time I was in my bedroom in that house, sat on the bed with my (then) girlfriend, we were watching TV and had a candle lighting the room which was on the window ledge right next to the bed. Suddenly the room went really cold and there was an overpowering smell - like musty old damp books - the light changed in the room and we both looked at the candle because of that. That's when we noticed that the flame on the candle had gone really thin but was about one and a half feet tall (that was a really bizarre sight I can tell you), this carried on for about a minute and then as quickly as it started, the candle flame went back to normal, the room temperature went back to normal and the smell disappeared, all in an instant. Don't ask me what all that was about, but it was pretty bizarre.

Here's another freaky one that happened to me while I was at school: I was hanging about in one of the old buildings after a lesson, it was lunchtime. I think I was putting stuff in my bag and taking my time about it, anyway, I was the last person left in the room. So eventually I go to leave the room and when I get outside the room onto the landing, I hear a voice call me by name back into the room. The door was one of those with a piston thing up at the top to prevent it from slamming, which is why I heard the voice as I walked away because the door was closing slowly. So, I went back into the room thinking that perhaps the teacher hadn't left and was maybe in the small store room which was adjacent to the blackboard at the top of the room. But that tiny storeroom was empty. 'That's wierd' I thought, but went back out of the room and started going down the stairs, to leave the building. Now, at the time, there was scaffolding on the building as it was being assessed to see if it had any asbestos in it, as if that was the case it would have to be removed. As I got about halfway down the stairwell, there was an enormous crash and when I got to the bottom exit, I found that all the scaffolding had collasped, blocking the exit and falling onto the path along which I would have been walking had that voice not called me back into the room.

Another one which I really can't explain either, happened many years ago: Late one Sunday morning I woke up at a girfriend's house and of course nipped to the bathroom, having just got up. As I was washing my hands I yawned and closed my eyes, and as I did that, what I can only describe as a 'vision' appeared to me: I was at the exit of an aeroplane in flight then I saw the view you'd get if you jumped out of the exit, and then the next second I saw a whirling mass of shapes and a cloud of blood. At that point I opened my eyes with a start and naturally was pretty disturbed by what I had just seen. Later that day I was watching the news on TV, and a report came on that earlier in the day (yup, you guessed it, at the time I 'saw' it in the bathroom) a woman had been making a charity parachute jump and she had accidentally drifted down into the rotor blades of a helicopter which was starting up on the airfield and she had died as a result of it.

Last but not least, also many years ago, I was walking back from a pub on a Friday night, it was about two o'clock in the morning and very few people were about. Suddenly there was a tremendous whooshing sound and the road and surrounding land was lit up in a brilliant green colour as a huge green mass of light streaked overhead at pretty low level below a low overcast cloudbase. Being familiar with aeroplanes and the speeds they travel at, I would have to guess that this thing was doing perhaps 500 hundred miles per hour. It carried on into the distance, and I'd almost have thought I'd imagined it until I heard two blokes about 100 yards away from me (who were also apparently on their way home late). One of them shouted to his pal 'Sh*t! what was that?' and without hesitation his companion just yelled 'Leg it!' at which point they both ran off terrified at whatever that green thing was. I really have no idea what that thing was at all, but it sure as hell wasn't any aeroplane.

Despite all of this, I'm still very sceptical about ghosts, supernatural stuff and UFOs!

One last one: while I was typing this out, I just got the fright of my life, it's half past two in the morning here, and a silly soft toy that my wife bought me for a joke - one that makes a noise when you squeeze it - has just started doing that all on its own. Scared the crap out of me hearing that all of a sudden while in this kind of 'spooky mood'.

:D Chock

P_Funk
06-11-07, 08:55 PM
I personally like that bit about the Roman Soldier.

Very cool stories.

Rose
06-11-07, 09:29 PM
@Chock -- Really chilling stories m8... They say that some people are born with a "sense" of the supernatural, while others just can't see those kinds of things. I guess you are one of those people who was born with that "sense."

Chock
06-11-07, 10:02 PM
Most people would probably say I haven't got the sense I was born with:rotfl:

I must admit that since most of that stuff happened years ago, it did occur to me that this kind of thing might be tied into age in some way. Maybe young people are more sensitive to that kind of thing perhaps? It might transpire that in years to come there will be a completely rational explanation for such occurrences of course and I still don't regard any of it as proof of things like an afterlife, or spirits or whatever, I personally think that there is probably some sort of rational explanation for things like that which simply isn't understood by us yet, and maybe it never will be. People would always like to believe that there is 'something more', but as odd as it may seem, I'm still not convinced myself.

Tchocky
06-11-07, 10:07 PM
This is probably more internal than anything else, but I hear voices from time to time, almost like there's a radio tuner in between my ears. I swear I 've had dreams in other languages, too.

bradclark1
06-11-07, 10:08 PM
Chock,
Sure those houses didn't have mind altering fungus or mold growing in them? :lol:

Yahoshua
06-11-07, 10:18 PM
I have enough problems to worry about with drunk and noisy neighbors to worry over silly spooks and voices in my head (I wish they'd shutup). I keep hearing every intimate conversation at the top of their lungs from the ones downstairs, and a manic/depressive ranting and screaming from the one next door to me.

I cannot wait to get the hell outta here.

Chock
06-11-07, 10:25 PM
Yup, that'll be it, it's the drugs. Another X-File case closed:rotfl:

bookworm_020
06-11-07, 10:42 PM
I thought this was going to be sightings of Paris Hilton?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I haven't seen a ghost or anything supernatural, but I do live in a town where they celerbrate a ghost who helped solve his murder

http://www.castleofspirits.com/Australianghosthunters/fishersghost.html

Safe-Keeper
06-11-07, 10:48 PM
I don't really believe in ghosts anymore after I've been looking up rational explanations for them. I've really been surprised by how much they explain. There's sleep paralysis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis), infrasound, good old hallucinations, I could go on and on. Feeling uneasy about a certain room or setting doesn't have to mean there are ghosts there, it could be a whole range of things. I'm not saying this to be rude or patronizing or anything, I'm just stating my boring old 'no such thing as ghosts' routine.

I remember how in my school's cooking classes I'd be clumsy, poor at finding things, and in general inefficient, and the other members of my group of four people naturally reacted to that. Then one day I think some of them very absent, and I was made to work with a different group just for that class session. Amazingly, I did far better. The same could be the case of your room: You felt uneasy for some reason and couldn't explain why, and it stuck with you, and you started having nightmares and such as a result. The fact that your brother was with you and agreeing with you that there was 'something odd about the room' probably didn't help.

For another example, before thinking about ghosts making that candle flame go thin and one and a half foot tall, I'd look up articles on flames and gases and see if there is a gas or two in the world that actually does that to flames should it find a way into a room. Ordinary flames can look very extraordinary when you provide them with the right substances. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame#Flame_color) I recommend reading up on sceptical explanations of ghosts, particularly if you're made uneasy by them. Many experiences can't be explained, but trust me, lots can.

And as a side note, go to Google and search for 'ghosts of the underground'. Splendid, surprisingly objective ghost documentary.

Edit: OK, I'll contribute my own experience. OK, So in 2001 we moved to Houston. We found ourselves a nice old two-floor house in the suburbs, and I got my own room. My bed was put in the corner of the room, and after a while I noticed what looked like dark red paint on the walls around my bed. I seem to recall there were two or three of them. It was as if somebody had taken a one-inch brush, dipped it lightly in paint, and applied it to the wall, as it started out dark and then faded, the way paint does when you paint with a brush that's drying and needs to be dipped in paint again. The problem is that I didn't notice them until later, and as such, I thought they had appeared out of nowhere. The blood-like colour didn't really help:p.

Another odd thing that happened was that once when I was lying there with my comforter pulled over my head, resting, I felt as if a cat was walking around on the comforter, the way cats and dogs do when about to lie down. It lasted for five seconds or so, and then I think I moved and pulled the comforter back, and it stopped, and there was no cat to be seen or heard (it's worth mentioning that the neighbours' cat would frequently visit us). Not very haunt-ish compared to the other stories here, but at the time it made me more than a bit uneasy.

My English teacher told a more sincere and spooky story. He was sleeping at his girlfriend's house, alone, on a coach in the basement. He brought his dog, which was sleeping on the floor. He woke up at night, looks at his dog, and is terrified to see a woman wearing 1700-era clothes petting it. He said she had a transparent look to her. He closed his eyes tight, and when he opened them, she was gone. He eventually worked up the courage to tell his girlfriend, and she just laughed it off, but then later she learned that other strange things had been happening there, such as things moving about unexpectedly.