PDA

View Full Version : Fox Trafic?

Baracuda
06-07-07, 04:23 PM
I keep geting mesages from my radio operater saying that 'fox trafic' has just come in. What is it? How (if u can) do you access it, or is this just another notorios bug?

Appreciate any help, thanks.

LTCMND W S T REAY USS SAILFISH SARGO CLASS

LukeFF
06-07-07, 04:58 PM
is this just another notorios bug?
:roll:

Just open up your captain's log and read the message. They are radio reports like any other.

Sailor Steve
06-07-07, 05:17 PM
Oops. I answered this on the 'S-Boats' thread; I should have done it here.

Answer is, I don't know, but it might be specially coded messages, or it might be broadcasts for Fox-Movietone news. Is there anything noticeably different about those messages?

Calbeck
06-07-07, 05:38 PM
"Fox Traffic" means priority messages, things you should definitely pay attention to (bases falling to the enemy, major invasions going on, emergency orders, etc).

Sailor Steve
06-07-07, 06:16 PM
See there; I don't know everything!:rotfl:

Thanks, Calbeck.

d@rk51d3
06-07-07, 06:17 PM
"Fox Traffic" means priority messages, things you should definitely pay attention to (bases falling to the enemy, major invasions going on, emergency orders, etc).

Yep. You'll notice that a "FOX Traffic" report will drop your TC to 1. Other messages only drop TC to 8. Gives you that little bit of an extra edge to take action.

Chief of the Boat
06-07-07, 06:38 PM
"FOX" was a Navy Broadcast circuit. Messages to ALL units within range of the transmitting station were 'broadcast'. It was up to the Unit's RM {Radio-Man} to 'copy Fox' and pick off whatever was for his Unit...

Snowman999
06-07-07, 07:11 PM
Answer is, I don't know, but it might be specially coded messages, or it might be broadcasts for Fox-Movietone news. Is there anything noticeably different about those messages?

Fox=fleet. Copied nightly for own-ship msgs. Highly anticipated by crew as sometimes news from home, scores, etc. was snuck in if there was room.

Same thing US subs have had for decades, but now it's auto-routed by unit ID.