PDA

View Full Version : need a no weather mod, ie: rain

Capt. Shark Bait
06-07-07, 12:22 AM
woulda had Yamato if it weren't for some d@mm rain and heavy seas:damn: . coming outta Osaka, again, and after a bit there it was, a nice fat target rich task force:smug: . didn't have much choice but to try a surface approach. i managed to line up on a heavy cruiser and got one hit on it in the stern starboard side just above the screws. other fish missed, but one just bounced off. d@mm duds:damn: . the range was under 800yrds and close to 500 throughout. got rammed by a DD, the temerity of it, and gave it a coupla stern fish. that was the only kill i got:-? . took a chance and let loose a 5deg spread as the TF was ahead of me and just coupla points off the port bow with 6 fish. all missed. broke off and continued on to the E china sea to patrol but got suprised by DDs and a coupla liners while in TC and got sunk:dead:

Argus00
06-07-07, 05:13 AM
CTRL+N resets the weather.

ReallyDedPoet
06-07-07, 08:07 AM
Just wish the rain would look more like rain and not " chalk streaks " falling out of the sky.

RDP

SteamWake
06-07-07, 08:30 AM
if it weren't for some d@mm rain and heavy seas:damn: .

Did you ever play SH3 ?

No really buck up soldier weather happens.

ReallyDedPoet
06-07-07, 08:31 AM
Did you ever play SH3 ?

Yeah I enjoy the heavy weather, did in SH3, same in SH4, part of the experience :yep:

RDP

Canonicus
06-07-07, 08:40 AM
Just wish the rain would look more like rain and not " chalk streaks " falling out of the sky.

RDP

Try this.....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115508&highlight=Rain (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115508&highlight=Rain)

Cheers! :D

ReallyDedPoet
06-07-07, 08:46 AM
Nice:up:, did not see this, thanks.

RDP

Argus00
06-07-07, 08:55 AM
Nice, canonicus :up: - missed it, too.

Will try it out for sure!

Snuffy
06-07-07, 10:04 AM
Looks good ... will give it a go after work tonight. My current saved game has me in some pretty heavy weather.

Capt. Shark Bait
06-07-07, 03:52 PM
:cool: , but i'm not too crazy about editing any files. 'fraid i might screw something up, and then it'll be a case of :damn: . maybe i'll give it a look see when i get my rig rebulit

Sailor Steve
06-07-07, 05:18 PM

Did you ever play SH3 ?

15 m/s winds? Heavy rain? Buddy, this is the GOOD weather! Don't expect to see the sun until the start of your next patrol!:rotfl:

-Pv-
06-07-07, 08:11 PM
Weather is geographically centered on a location on the map (though it will change with time.) You can leave bad weather behind by moving away a large distance.
-Pv-

Capt. Shark Bait
06-08-07, 05:42 AM

Did you ever play SH3 ?

15 m/s winds? Heavy rain? Buddy, this is the GOOD weather! Don't expect to see the sun until the start of your next patrol!:rotfl:

nope, never have played SH3, much to my dismay

SteamWake
06-08-07, 09:10 AM

Did you ever play SH3 ?

Well it was set in the north atlantic where they (gasp) bad weather for very long periods of time. As someone said you could spend an entire patrol in crap weather.

More than once I was setting up a shot in the driving rain and could not see my target untill I nearly ran into it.

-Pv-
06-08-07, 11:22 PM
Although the weather sometimes remains nearly the same state for longer than you want it to, I find the weather system very satisfying over all. I also live very near the Pacific ocean and I can tell you from over 50 years of experience, it's not at all unusual for bad weather to linger for many days or sometimes weeks.

Even weather around Hawaii (vacation capitol of the world) can be quite troublesome. Although I haven't lived there, I frequently fly the area in FS Flight Simulator in real-time weather and it's not always nice.

Count your blessings.
-Pv-

Capt. Shark Bait
06-09-07, 07:07 AM

Did you ever play SH3 ?

Well it was set in the north atlantic where they (gasp) bad weather for very long periods of time. As someone said you could spend an entire patrol in crap weather.

More than once I was setting up a shot in the driving rain and could not see my target untill I nearly ran into it.

i did get run into:ping: . yeah, the north atlantic can rather nasty