PDA

View Full Version : SHIII vs. SHIV - Viewing Stats

Stoli
06-06-07, 08:41 AM
It would seem that there has been a dramtic shift in the forum viewing stats over the past couple of weeks. The SHIII forum has had more people viewing than the SHIV forum for serveral days now. I'm wondering if people are just gonna sit out on SHIV until a new patch comes out.

Der Schatten
06-06-07, 09:26 AM
I've been watching that too. The numbers have been coming down steadily for SH4. I guess many are like me, waiting for the latest patch and waiting for our modders to work thier magic. I'm sure at some point it will be as awesome and maybe better, than SH3 with GWX, but by then who knows what goodies the latest version of GWX (or other supermods) will have ? It's a win/win situation for me, everyday there is something getting fixed/modded/invented/reskinned/reworked.
I'll be a happy Captain no matter what sea I'm in!

btaft
06-06-07, 09:27 AM
That is pretty much what I am doing and am enjoying the GWX mod immensely. I might even sit out long enough to see to a similar mod is worked out for SH4.

ReallyDedPoet
06-06-07, 09:29 AM
It's a win/win situation for me, everyday there is something getting fixed/modded/invented/reskinned/reworked.
I'll be a happy Captain no matter what sea I'm in!

Great attitude:yep: , nice to have both theatres to play in. SH4 has the potential to be a classic, already an enjoyable experience:up:

RDP

STEED
06-06-07, 09:58 AM
Well once the patch is out and we hope all bugs are fixed then the mods guys will do to SH4 what they did to SH3 am I complaining hell no.

GWX has taken SH3 to the fourth dimension and I am looking forward to SH4 being done as well. :up:

xristoskaiti
06-06-07, 10:18 AM
unfortunately ubisoft it did not use the big tool foroyms so that it
does not never occupy what want the users of sh4. ignored all
improvements that became from persons that loved the sh3 and made a game
full bugs :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SmokinTep
06-06-07, 10:44 AM
I haven't even picked up a copy of it yet.

tenakha
06-06-07, 10:51 AM
being on the winning side isn't challenging enough and the pacific war is not very attractive to me so i'm staying with SH3 :smug:

Puster Bill
06-06-07, 12:45 PM
I've actually held off on buying SHIV for a couple of reasons:

1. It's been derided as very buggy in the SHIV forum.
2. I've seen it at Wal*Mart for $40 something bucks. I'll wait.
3. I'm not sure my machine will run it.
4. Several people have commented that it is long on eye-candy, short on gameplay. I'd rather have the opposite.

I'll wait until the bugs are mostly fixed and it comes down in price a bit before I buy it.

Jimbuna
06-06-07, 02:25 PM
Well once the patch is out and we hope all bugs are fixed then the mods guys will do to SH4 what they did to SH3 am I complaining hell no.

GWX has taken SH3 to the fourth dimension and I am looking forward to SH4 being done as well. :up:

Still in the third dimension at the present I'm afraid :yep:
V1.04 will take it to the fourth :D :up:

Packerton
06-06-07, 02:42 PM
The atlantic is so much more cooler then the Pacific :P

Boris
06-06-07, 03:17 PM
I'm wondering if people are just gonna sit out on SHIV until a new patch comes out.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing. Though I'm probably more excited about GWX 1.04.

Iron Budokan
06-06-07, 05:12 PM
Heh, I noticed the viewer stats, too. I expect once the patch comes out they'll be really lopsided.

Yep, I'm really looking forward to that new GWX 1.04.... :yep:

Oh, you meant the other patch? Well, yeah, that one, too. :rotfl:

Wilko
06-07-07, 04:43 AM
I'm getting a new computer hopefully in around 3 weeks so after that depending on if the patch gets released I may swap to a Gato but right now and more than content with what I got :sunny:

joea
06-07-07, 04:46 AM
I really hate these threads.

ReallyDedPoet
06-07-07, 08:16 AM
Yeah there has been enough of SH3 vs. SH4, it is getting old for sure. No offence to the poster ( heck I think I was the first or second post on this thread ), but searching the threads before posting a new thread is a wonderful thing :yep:

RDP

John Channing
06-07-07, 08:41 PM

Yup, me too.

Kinda reminds me of the stupid Falcon vs Lomac childishness.

My harddrive seems to be able to exist with both on it. I wonder why some people can't operate the same way?

JCC

Jimbuna
06-08-07, 08:05 AM
My harddrive seems to be able to exist with both on it. I wonder why some people can't operate the same way?

My HD does....so I guess I can justifiably say "I can and do" :yep:

bigboywooly
06-08-07, 09:24 AM

Yup, me too.

JCC

Because the first post isnt a " YAY SH3 has more viewers so is better "

Tis just pointing out the viewing shift and wondering why
If ppl are waiting for a patch before playing SH4 etc
What I REALLY hate is ppl assuming everything is SH3 V SH4

I thought the purpose of a forum was discussion

I have both on my HD
Not that I have ever started SH4

rik007
06-09-07, 08:25 AM
I also noted the shift to SH3. I bought both games although I prefer the Atlantic theatre by far. I want to support the genre as I am hoping that SH5 will be in the Atlantic with - finally - Wolfpacks. My interest in SH4 has faded. After I played it for a few times I returned to SH3 to discover that it is so much better with GWX+mods. SH4 doesnot add much to SH3 other than grapics improvement.

Sailor Steve
06-09-07, 10:52 AM
I always start at the top; I read all the SH4 threads, then SH4 Mods Workshop; then SH3 and SH3 Mods Workshop; then on to the Classic Subsims and Other Games boards; and finally General Topics.

So I can be found in either of the sections, depending on when you look. Maybe I'm the deciding factor on which has more readers. Or maybe not.:cool:

Webchessie
06-09-07, 11:00 AM
Funny, I read SHIII forums first, then go to SHIV. . . Guess I'm not the only one doing that! :yep: :yep:

stabiz
06-09-07, 01:15 PM
Yup, me too.

JCC
Because the first post isnt a " YAY SH3 has more viewers so is better "

Tis just pointing out the viewing shift and wondering why
If ppl are waiting for a patch before playing SH4 etc
What I REALLY hate is ppl assuming everything is SH3 V SH4

I thought the purpose of a forum was discussion

I have both on my HD
Not that I have ever started SH4

Totally agree, it seems like the mods are hunting for SH4-bashing, and if they cant find any, pretend they do.

Steel_Tomb
06-09-07, 01:24 PM
I'm waiting for 1.3 for SHIV, still too many bugs for it to be an enjoyable experiance for me. Plus, I'm still having wayyy too much fun sinking tommies in the North Atlantic!

Btw, hows progress going with v1.04 for GWX? Any news on an aproximate release date (a month would be great lol). Or is it a case of "Soon™"?

Sailor Steve
06-09-07, 04:19 PM
But the thread isn't about which game you're playing; it's about who's reading what threads. I can't play at all right now, and I've never played SH4, but I read them all anyway.

JU_88
06-10-07, 04:45 PM
I'm waiting for 1.3 for SHIV, still too many bugs for it to be an enjoyable experiance for me. Plus, I'm still having wayyy too much fun sinking tommies in the North Atlantic!

Btw, hows progress going with v1.04 for GWX? Any news on an aproximate release date (a month would be great lol). Or is it a case of "Soon™"?

Not too long to go now for 1.4 ;) - all i can say is more than month and less than a year, if im any more specific than that im a dead man. :doh:

rik007
06-11-07, 12:01 AM
Maybe 1.4 doesnot change things as GWX 1.04 is released in between. :D

Jimbuna
06-11-07, 04:43 AM

Not too long to go now for 1.4 ;) - all i can say is more than month and less than a year, if im any more specific than that im a dead man. :doh:

:roll: :rotfl: :rotfl:

JU_88
06-11-07, 01:32 PM
:o :lol: :oops:
ahhhh shut it! I never was very good with numbers. I got a D for my maths GCSE when I was 16 or was I 61?.... see seeeeee!!! dont make fun of disablites or something :D