PDA

View Full Version : Will they release an sdk?

TwistedFemur
06-05-07, 05:09 PM
If we are going to have to squash the bugs that 1.3 dont?

Camaero
06-05-07, 05:24 PM
no.

NefariousKoel
06-05-07, 05:37 PM
No Way.

CaptainHaplo
06-05-07, 06:23 PM
My nickel is on the side of ..... negahhhhhtive.

TwistedFemur
06-06-07, 04:49 AM
LOL :rotfl: Unless they PO someone off like microprose/hasbro did

John Channing
06-06-07, 07:34 AM
I certainly hope not. The release of an SDK would almost certainly mean the end of the Silent Hunter franchise, not to mention the proliferation of about 9,000 different versions of the current ones... none of them compatible.

JCC

Shiplord
06-06-07, 08:01 AM
...not to mention the proliferation of about 9,000 different versions of the current ones... none of them compatible.
That's nonsense!
MS Flighsim has a SDK and most of the popular shooters/strategy/other games have SDK's and we don't have 9000 different versions of these games.

A SDK is not caused any more incompatible versions as far we have now through mods, but it will give qualitatively better large mods of kind such as GWX but better. The good developments will become generally accepted, the bad ones goes down within the comunity like today with the current mods.

SteamWake
06-06-07, 09:36 AM
MSFS is a completly different animal.

The "fanbase" is vastly greater probably in the order of 1,000 to 1 of silent hunter fans. Its just a fact of life.

McBeck
06-06-07, 09:47 AM
It will be released "Soon"

NOOT!

Seeadler
06-06-07, 10:11 AM
Releasing a SDK for a game does not mean to gain access to the source code itself. In the today's computer gaming term a SDK means the possibility to create new additional content in high quality for a game. One should not succumb to the erring faith to be able to fix bugs with a SDK for SHIV.;)

In contrary to other games I see however a problem with Ubisoft. A SHIII/IV SDK for the Community must be created and provided first because it was not planned to release such a complex thing with the game. The Ubisoft inhouse tools used by the devs for the development of SHIII/IV are also used for some other Ubisoft projects and such things are not released to the public.

bruschi sauro
06-06-07, 10:15 AM
Releasing a SDK for a game does not mean to gain access to the source code itself. In the today's computer gaming term a SDK means the possibility to create new additional content in high quality for a game. One should not succumb to the erring faith to be able to fix bugs with a SDK for SHIV.;)

In contrary to other games I see however a problem with Ubisoft. A SHIII/IV SDK for the Community must be created and provided first because it was not planned to release such a complex thing with the game. The Ubisoft inhouse tools used by the devs for the development of SHIII/IV are also used for some other Ubisoft projects and such things are not released to the public.
You are right.:yep:

McBeck
06-07-07, 02:02 AM
Seeadler strikes again!

TDK1044
06-07-07, 07:58 AM
The answer to the OP is "no".