PDA

View Full Version : Slow framerates around harbours

jason210
06-05-07, 02:34 PM
Hi

I just got back to base after my first patrol. Need to refit at Midway, the to return to base at Peral Harbour. In this area when I tried to use time compression at 2048 everything slowed to 1fps. Anything over 512 caused problems. It was a bit frustrating because it took ages to complete the patrol. Anyone experienced this?

mookiemookie
06-05-07, 02:36 PM
Harbor traffic? Keeping track of large numbers of ships such as in a large convoy or a harbor taxes the game engine, and thus your system.

orangenee
06-05-07, 02:41 PM
Yeah basically it has to draw all the land and the various harbour activities and what not, on top of everything else thats happening out at sea.

SteamWake
06-05-07, 02:42 PM
Hi

I just got back to base after my first patrol. Need to refit at Midway, the to return to base at Peral Harbour. In this area when I tried to use time compression at 2048 everything slowed to 1fps. Anything over 512 caused problems. It was a bit frustrating because it took ages to complete the patrol. Anyone experienced this?

Everyone experiences this.

By the way if you zip into or near a port for refit at 1024 or higher you may not even get the chance to refit you will just zip by.

Just have to show a little patience.

orangenee
06-05-07, 02:49 PM
The best way is to slow the compression down gradually as you get closer using the keypad (using the mouse is too unreliable). As soon as you notice a hit in framerate slow it down. It's a good idea regardless because of the increased activity around the harbour you'd crash into something anyway.