PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown Cover For U-Boats?

Penelope_Grey
06-05-07, 10:55 AM
Ok this may sound laughable but true! I attacked a small passenger/cargo on the surface with my deck dun. In the end I twirled the boat around and put the stern tube at him. Doing this, I midshipped my rudders and stopped the engines. So there we go, kapow! He is sinking: yay!

I goes to move off at ahead 1/3... nothing. No engines! I was like, oh crap. I waited for what must have been 3 minutes or so, till in the end, I got annoyed and I hit D to dive. When the boat was under far enough, the electric engines engaged at 1/3. I stayed under for about a half hour, then surfaced and the diesels then worked thank heaven.

My god, I never had that happen to me before, I was only on stop on the surface for about 2 minutes, if that! Then when I tried to start up at 1/3, like I say, nothing!

Am I alone, or does the U-bootwaffe need AA cover?:rotfl:

bigboywooly
06-05-07, 11:16 AM
:nope: Damn women drivers

:rotfl:

its a viic
06-05-07, 11:18 AM
yup you flooded the engines woman!!:down: Is there a man in the house?:rotfl:

danurve
06-05-07, 11:48 AM
A bit of random sabotage perhaps? Bernards relatives in the engine room? :cool:

I've had something like that happen to me, i think we all have. It's when I find myself in one of those 'things you've yelled while playing SH3 moments'.

danlisa
06-05-07, 11:51 AM
yup you flooded the engines woman!!:down: Is there a man in the house?:rotfl:

Na, I bet they left the seat up again.:p

johan_d
06-05-07, 12:04 PM
it would be fun to have a random failure now and then, what the damage crew CAN repair. I dont mean sabotage, just failures.

Penelope_Grey
06-05-07, 04:04 PM
This is harsh. :down:

Try it and see if it happens to you, stop the u-boat for 2 or 3 real time minutes then try and start it again.

bigboywooly
06-05-07, 04:29 PM
Chill hun

We only messing with ya
Cos we can

Never had what you described
Have stopped my engines but usually submerged

Sailor Steve
06-05-07, 04:32 PM
It's probably Bernard's fault. At least the chief got them running again.

STEED
06-05-07, 04:38 PM
I'm a member of the (K.A.) kriegsmarine Association cover number one, which means they send out a Destroyer to tow me home.

Jimbuna
06-05-07, 04:39 PM
The AA are cheaper :lol:

Brag
06-05-07, 05:13 PM
If ya send me money, I'll give first class coverage :sunny: and discount coffins.

Lafferty
06-05-07, 05:50 PM
I had that happen to me once and after a few minutes everything was fine.

Kpt. Lehmann
06-05-07, 08:26 PM
@ Penelope Grey, when this happens (assuming you are not using the malfunctions/sabotage options in SH3Cdr) just select a reverse speed, wait one second, and then re-select your desired forward speed.

Its another one of those goofy SH3 quirks. Usually it doesn't rear its ugly head... but on occasion that it does... the above workaround has always worked for me.

Penelope_Grey
06-06-07, 09:36 AM
Thankyou Kpt L!:)

Syxx_Killer
06-06-07, 09:40 AM
I've had this happen to me numerous times before. It is a stock SH3 bug. Usually I just start frantically pushing the engine speed buttons on the keyboard until my boat moves again. Then I fire my CE out the stern tube into the props for causin me so much headache.:damn::arrgh!:

tenakha
06-06-07, 09:42 AM
the solution is simple: full reverse to restart your engine, then go back to ahead 1/3, always worked for me

STEED
06-06-07, 11:03 AM
The AA are cheaper :lol:

You tried getting the AA out to sea?

Fat chance. :lol:

Jimbuna
06-06-07, 11:18 AM
I'll have you know I've met loads of alcoholics during my time at sea ;)

STEED
06-06-07, 11:25 AM
I am not an alcoholic Kapitan. :smug:

BURP. :oops: