PDA

View Full Version : How do I steer the boat if I lose my rudder?

Dogster
06-04-07, 05:57 PM
Is there any way to steer the boat if the rudder has been destoyed(I didn't even know it was gone), There was no other damage to the boat, no indication of any damage to boat. I'm asumming it was the rudder because the boatwould go forward/backward at at every speed it just wouldn't steer. I play the Trigger Maru Mod at 100% realism and there is know way for me to look under the boat. I tried rudder amidships with no luck.

It kind of sucks, I was having the mission of a lifetime: I was in the Bismark Sea, I already had 13,000 tons under my belt, attacked a convoy I had 4 hits out of 6 six shots from 2800 yards(I never did that before)sank 2 more more freighters. I was depth charged and evaded destruction then I couldn't get it to steer.

Thanks for your help

06-04-07, 07:42 PM
You should be able to do the propellor trick, but it's not modelled.

edit:
this is a good read for this
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=116095

FIREWALL
06-04-07, 07:46 PM
With an oar maybe ? :p No really I think thats the end of your mission .:damn:

SteamWake
06-04-07, 07:58 PM
Im afraid there right.

Without individual controls of the port / starbord motors your screwed.

Funny theres been a rash of these posts today its an epidimic !

You might wait and see if the damage control team can get it fixed but it doesent look good.

Jmack
06-04-07, 08:26 PM
yup ... if we could control each engine individually that would allow to change direction

Packerton
06-04-07, 08:26 PM
Get killed by a plane then magicly be rescued even though you sank 300 meters under.

:-?

SteamWake
06-04-07, 08:33 PM
Get killed by a plane then magicly be rescued even though you sank 300 meters under.

:-?

It..... is..... a..... game.

popeye
06-05-07, 02:24 AM
what was your last heading? east or west?

switch.dota
06-05-07, 05:30 AM
what was your last heading? east or west?
Unless you're magically headed dead for home port, the heading won't help at all.

orangenee
06-05-07, 08:43 AM
Stand on top of the boat and dance naked and hope an American pilot sees you, joking aside you're screwed if you lose your rudder in game.

Rwolf
06-05-07, 11:59 AM
Just speculating:

A possible way would be if you only use one propeller during battery recharging, like in SH3, then you could submerge to draw some electric energy, then come up and drive in a circle while recharging until you are on the correct heading; wait untill fully charged and go straight ahead on both propellers again.

But this method might not work unless there is a game-model of the off-center propeller force to make you turn.

donut
06-05-07, 01:12 PM
Beach boat,& hike:rotfl: It happened to us, posted in Dev.humor thread.SOL.(go to last save)

Dogster
06-05-07, 01:49 PM
I thought there might be a way to steer with the props. There isn't anything the manual, but there is a lot of omissions in the manual.

Thanks again