PDA

View Full Version : Cannot open X6 (GWX v1.02)

ridgewayranger
06-04-07, 05:17 AM
Hi,
I've D/Ld GWX v1.02 but cannot open it, 7z, Winzip, Winrar, nothing works. What should I do?
RR

Maraz
06-04-07, 06:07 AM
You must run the installer, GWX.exe

Bye
Maraz

danlisa
06-04-07, 06:20 AM
I assume you are refering to the 1.02 patch, if so this patch was an installer in it's own right. Double clicking should suffice.

May I ask, why have you not progressed to 1.03?

If it is needed, I still have a copy of the 1.02 patch available for download, it's possible your copy is corrupted.

ridgewayranger
06-04-07, 09:11 AM
Hi Danlisa,
I have got V1.03 installed but have run into a bit of trouble with my canal ports and Helgoland. The port installations are there but not the the names, so I wondered if they were in V 1.02. In Warace everything is fine so I tried copying Terrain from there to GWX but it makes no difference.
RR

danlisa
06-04-07, 10:33 AM
This is an odd problem and has been investigated by the GWX Dev's.

It seems, that for whatever reason, some people see the canal ports of the nav map & others don't.:-? This was tested at different zoom levels.

I for one, suffer with not being able to see them and I know it's not my installation or copy of GWX. We have even tried swapping out copies with people who can see them but with no luck.

It's a real enigma.

I think I understand what you wanted to do. By extracting the files in the 1.02 patch, you hoped to be able to get a copy of the file which would correct this problem. The only way to do this would be to install a second copy of GWX and then apply the patch, this is because the patcher needs certain core files to be present before it will unpack. In effect you will have GWX 1.02 & 1.03. I'm not sure this will fix your problem though.

bigboywooly
06-04-07, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm doesnt sound right
ALL Kiel canal ports should be visible to all now
Even Holtenau and Kiel 2 are visible as well

Sounds as if someone went wrong with your 1.03 install

The file in question should be the terrain.cfg