PDA

View Full Version : Radar station question.

vedrand
06-01-07, 03:25 AM
Dear all,
for quite a while I preferred to play early war and did not have any radars and that modern stuff... Now I am sitting in a Monsoon boat have the radar on board but completely fail to use it properly.

Q1) I realized there are several buttons on the radar - switch on/off (clear), scale change (clear), rotate vs. fixed (I guess that's what it is). I remember reading in this forum that the radar is "pulsed" meaning there will be no steady detection all the time given the right antenna orientation, but rather a pulse every 12 seconds or so... Is that correct. Now my major problem is, when I'm at the station and I stop the rotation I can not see (from the wheel) the current radar orientation. Is there a way to zoom in so I can se where I am looking at.

Q2) When I order the radioman to turn the radar on, he switches it off after a short while. Did is known bug I guess? Are there any workarounds for this?

Thank you a lot felow Kaleuns!

TarJak
06-01-07, 07:09 AM
Q1 depends a lot on which radar model you have installed on your boat.

Q2 is usually caused by water coming over the bridge and the problem that the boat is classed as submerged and therefore any equipment used on the surface is turned off until you turn it back on. I'd prefer it to work the way hydrophones do. When you are submerged and have a bod in the hydrophone station they are on.