PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a story (GWX and 1.04)

JuanCudz
05-31-07, 09:25 AM
It's June '41 and my latest patrol has not been going well. The Tommies have new tricks and I've been chased away from two convoys north of the Canaries and only managed to damage two freighters and have three eels left. My third attack is more promising, scoring three hits with the last torpedos, but a single black swan was hounding me for two hours. The situation is made worse by severe damage to the stern of the boat as previous attacks have mangled the decking. So despite 100% integrity and fully functional stern area, the uboat graphic shows the aft torpedo room as destroyed.

This is slowing the boat and causing depth keeping problems when deep avoiding bombs and trying to stay quiet I have run out of compressed air and am steadily increasing speed just to maintain depth. Suddenly strange explosion noises are occuring above me. Is the sound man delusional? Gunfire? What is going on? Has a commerce raider come to my aid? Now sinking noises? This I have to see! "PERISCOPE DEPTH!"

I can't believe my eyes when I peer cautiously about to find a type VII boat shelling a steamer I had damaged previously and the Swan happily (for me) at the bottom. HOORAA! Surfacing to join in the fun we are being shelled by the steamer. The gun crew move rapidly to position and return fire, but we are taking damage. Just at the point when our position becomes grave and I ready to crashdive, our last shell blows the gun of the bow off the freighter and she secumbs to our combined fire.

The icing on the cake? I check my log and discover we have been credited with the sinking! When I get back to port I will shake the hand of every member of my rescuers' crew as I usher them through the door for a free night at 'Le Chat Noir'.:p:doh: :oops:

... and thank the GWX crew for sending an angel to watch over my boat.:sunny:
(Sadly no free night for you mein herren.:D )

bigboywooly
05-31-07, 10:03 AM
1.04 eh :hmm:

Nice story
The AI have their uses

Brag
05-31-07, 11:54 AM
Congratz! Nice story :D

05-31-07, 12:13 PM
1.04 GWX? Is this accurate?

Kpt. Lehmann
05-31-07, 01:01 PM
1.04 GWX? Is this accurate?

He is mistaken... GWX version 1.04 isn't out yet. GWX 1.03 is the current available version.

Neat story though.:ping:

Hakahura
05-31-07, 01:20 PM
GWX 1.04...? In the threads title...?

This thread is gonna get so many views!

:rotfl:

Canovaro
05-31-07, 02:31 PM
It's June '41 and my latest patrol has not been going well.
After another unsuccesful chase I find myself at medium speed at p/d repairing damage.
As I decide to surface and continue the hunt, I raise the scope to make sure the coast is clear. I can't believe my eyes when I peer cautiously about to find a damaged destroyer at 1500 meters circling around and throwing depth charges all over the place. I figured some uboat must be in real trouble down there.
So I desperately do an emergency submerge right next to the Black Swan and start shelling it. I'm hitting it hard and good, and before it knows what is happening it's going to the bottom! :rock:

But now the merchant is shelling me. We return fire and it's starting to sink :rock:
But as we are still cheering, the u-boat which had been hunted down by the Black Swan surfaces right next to us and starts fireing at the already sinking merchant!
And in the end they got the credits for sinking that merchant!! :damn:

This is by far the strangest patrol I ever had!!

:rotfl:

bigboywooly
05-31-07, 05:16 PM
But as we are still cheering, the u-boat which had been hunted down by the Black Swan surfaces right next to us and starts fireing at the already sinking merchant!

????

Steel_Tomb
05-31-07, 06:57 PM
I've had this happen to me before, if the merchant fired a shell and accidently hits the DD, then the DD will open fire on the merchant. I got lucky on the surface once, two DD's were letting rip with their main guns, one hit the other DD and they shot each other up. One sank and the other one was beat up bad so i finished her off with my deck gun lol :smug:

robbo180265
05-31-07, 07:03 PM
Got me!

I saw GWX 104 and was in like a shot:oops:

its a viic
05-31-07, 08:16 PM
I havent even gotten used to 1.03 yet! Whats in store for 1.04?

Canovaro
06-01-07, 01:44 AM

????

It's a joke.
Read the top story first, then mine.

JuanCudz
06-01-07, 05:53 AM
GWX and SHIII patch 1.04, apologies

When at home I play SHIII, when at work I post so errors are likely to creep in

Pablo
06-01-07, 05:56 AM
I havent even gotten used to 1.03 yet! Whats in store for 1.04?
Hi!

The more you know, the less you say. :)

Pablo

Kpt. Lehmann
06-01-07, 07:12 AM
GWX and SHIII patch 1.04, apologies

When at home I play SHIII, when at work I post so errors are likely to creep in

No worries mate... we only corrected you to hopefully prevent a stampede.:huh:

Jimbuna
06-01-07, 09:48 AM
Just had PM's from FileFront, Megaupload, etc. etc........they read the post and are shutting their servers down for a month...."as a precaution" :lol: