PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck

splorff
05-30-07, 11:09 AM
I have read and seen the navigation "how to". I am told after starting that I have successfuly entered the channel at SSE.

The next step is to pass through the channel. I have done this but I am not credited with this, and so cannot move on to complete the remainng tasks.

I have set the speed to standard ahead as told.

I have also tried to recover radio messages, but the radioman does not offer a means to do this.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Brag
05-30-07, 11:39 AM
Welcome aboard, Splorff!

If I remember right, you must make sure you have gone far enough through the channel.

You retrieve your messages by pressing M

Make sure you have someone at the radio station

Does your dialogue box show? (I presume, yes as otherwise you would not have access to your directional, speed, and depth controls.)

ReallyDedPoet
05-30-07, 11:52 AM
Welcome:up: splorff,

RDP

Jimbuna
05-30-07, 11:56 AM
Welcome aboard kaleun splorff :arrgh!:

To be totally honest with you I had a similar problem when I first set out playing SH3 :yep:
For the couple of renown points at stake here it's hardly worth bothering about :nope:

danurve
05-30-07, 01:03 PM
splorff; here is the community manual link to Naval Academy (http://www.mysh3.info/shiii/index.php/Naval_Academy) perhaps this will be usefull for you.

Welcome aboard :arrgh!:

_Seth_
05-30-07, 02:42 PM
Welcome to Subsim, herr Kaleun! :up::up:

splorff
05-30-07, 03:57 PM
Welcome aboard, Splorff!

If I remember right, you must make sure you have gone far enough through the channel.

You retrieve your messages by pressing M

Make sure you have someone at the radio station

Does your dialogue box show? (I presume, yes as otherwise you would not have access to your directional, speed, and depth controls.)

Thanks for your help Brag.

I shall next time press m as you say.

The tutorial makes no mention of getting someone to the radio station. I guessed that someone was already there ! How might I do this?

Yes the dialogue box is there.

SH3 is much more complicted than SH2. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to mastering it, and joining you all in a game on the high seas

splorff
05-30-07, 04:00 PM
splorff; here is the community manual link to Naval Academy (http://www.mysh3.info/shiii/index.php/Naval_Academy) perhaps this will be usefull for you.

Welcome aboard :arrgh!:
Thank you danurve, I am sure this manuel will be better. I shall study it dilligently. Till we meet upon the high seas, mein bester komarade !

splorff
05-30-07, 04:01 PM
Thanks to everyone else

nikbear
05-30-07, 06:22 PM
Welcome aboard splorff:up:

Telgriff
05-30-07, 08:10 PM
Welcome Splorff, good hunting to you.

Thanks for the link danurve, I am going back through the academy to improve my hunting skills so this manual is useful!

splorff
05-31-07, 08:45 AM
Hi again

I have finished the navigation test. At the end I was congratulated, but nothing more happened. I waited and waited. In the end I wondered if I should return to the start, so I motored north through the channel. Then I sent a status report. But I heard nothing more. In the end I thought maybe if I abandoned the game I would be taken to the next stage, but this was not so. It thought I needed to try the exam again !

Any suggestions ?

Jimbuna
05-31-07, 09:38 AM
Start a career and alter the renown in the Cfg file :arrgh!:

splorff
05-31-07, 06:05 PM

OK thanks, I'll start a career. Thanks for the advice.

KeybdFlyer
05-31-07, 06:36 PM
I'd finish the Academy, myself. I played SH3 for several months last year, until my computer self-destructed and have only just got back into it again - I found I'd forgotten so much that I took a refresher in the Academy to get back up to speed. It's pretty confusing until you learn to activate the controls without having to think about it. Once the congratulatory message has appeared (you completed the required test), just hit escape and click on "Return to Port" or whatever that message is. So far as this Forum is concerned, you won't find a better bunch of guys anywhere - take a good look through the various threads, you'll glean a ton of top quality info. Ask as often as you need to - there'll always be someone to help you out. Above all, enjoy SH3 (preferably with GWX mod applied) it's the best Sim you can get, it's totally immersive! WILLKOMMEN splorff!

Jimbuna
06-01-07, 06:16 AM

When you become comfortable with the gameplay....you might want to broaden your horizons and give GWX a go :up:

splorff
06-01-07, 02:42 PM
[quote=KeybdFlyer]I'd finish the Academy, myself. quote]

Yes I have begun this. I now have an "excellent" for navigation. But at present can only manage an "average" on torpedo use . I have tried several times. I use the AI rather than configure a solution manually. Some torpedos go beneath the target, other just miss to the left or right. Its not easy, but I'm trying to figure it out. I can understand the evasive manouvers of the quarry, but how can the torps go directly under the target ? Maybe I need to set a torp depth.

splorff
06-01-07, 02:43 PM

When you become comfortable with the gameplay....you might want to broaden your horizons and give GWX a go :up:

What is GWX ?

Sailor Steve
06-01-07, 03:24 PM
Widely regarded as the ultimate supermod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096

Jimbuna
06-01-07, 03:54 PM
What is GWX ?

Probably what SH3 should have been like when originally released :arrgh!:

ReM
06-01-07, 04:46 PM
What is GWX ?

Probably what SH3 should have been like when originally released :arrgh!:

I can only second that to the fullest....

splorff
06-02-07, 06:24 AM
Thanks I'll get into GWX when I'm ready. It looks great