PDA

View Full Version : Priority Bug List needed NOW!

codeseven
05-24-07, 12:32 PM
The Devs are requesting our help.

Does anybody know if a 'Priority Bug List' was ever completed?

This list was to number the 'mandatory' bug fixes prioritizing them by listing what 'must be fixed' to what we would 'like to get fixed'. The 'priority' bugs being those that involve the Devs having to change the game code in order to fix it, in other words, those fixes that cannot be done by our Mods after support for SH4 is terminated. With 1.3 possibly being the last patch, this is not the time for the Devs to have to 'guess' what 'we' need to be fixed.

The Devs have listed what they feel needs to be fixed and are requesting us to now expand on that list, "And if there’s something glaring wrong with the game that’s not on the list, post it here. Maybe we were not aware of it ... yet."

If the Priority Big List has been compiled NOW is the time to get it to the Devs!

donw
05-24-07, 01:04 PM
Can't beleive I'm even replying to this....but Jeees Louise...its the TOP post of this forum! :roll:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690

heartc
05-24-07, 01:17 PM
Yep, imho THIS what Neal posted in the opening is the only genuine buglist that has been compiled, because those ARE serious showstoppers. Maybe he was missing hydrophone not working at periscope depth. Everything else is along the lines of "...and if you find the time, it would also be great to have...". Really, a 70+ bug list which also exists on this forum and other places is ridiculous and no one can seriously expect any dev to go through all that, let alone fix all that, especially when 80% of this are no bugs but minor personal annoyances individual players might have with the game.
And no, it's not just this way cause I see it like that, but because it is like that.

Difficulty settings in general menue not being transported into a new carreer game? Oh, annoying about the first time when you might not know it, but from there on you simply select realism settings for a single time again once in the career office. Big deal, give me a break.

I appreciate the idea and effort the guy who compiled that other list had, but in the end you simply have to ask yourself if you are still doing this to help the devs fix the game, or whether you are running the list just to run the list.

AVGWarhawk
05-24-07, 01:37 PM
especially when 80% of this are no bugs but minor personal annoyances individual players might have with the game.

I happen to agree with this as well. In reality, I see less than a handful of GLARING bugs that need to be handled by the devs as these are coded.

codeseven
05-24-07, 02:56 PM
Can't beleive I'm even replying to this....but Jeees Louise...its the TOP post of this forum! :roll:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690

Uh, ya, seen it.:roll:

Neal's list of suggested fixes are fine (thanks again Neale). What I was referring to was an earlier post that identified the need to take DragoRR1's list of 80+ broken or missing features and have it reduced to a 'top ten' list prioritizing which of the many bugs that 'must' be fixed with emphasis on those bugs that require manipulation of the code by the Devs.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114342

It was my understanding that a 'Priority Bug List' of sorts was being compiled so that information would be immediately available to the Devs in the event they announced there would be a patch 1.3 and ask 'us' which fixes we need that might not be on 'their' list and that they may not either be aware exists or not be aware of the priority the Sub community has deemed a bug to be should 1.3 be the final patch before the game is left for the Mods to fix.

If indeed Neal's list consists of those bugs that have been identified as the top priority, must be fixed before support is terminated bugs, then were good.