PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing that they bother...

Sonarman
05-23-07, 10:53 AM
:lol: Yves Guillemot CEO Ubisoft says...
"We have sold more than 5 million units of games in the Petz line and casual games on DS and Wii. So the casual series exists already, but we plan to do a lot more,"
(quote from GamesIndustry.biz)

The Petz kids game from Ubisoft sells about 15 times more copies than SH and doubtless is a lot less complex to program and retails at inflated console prices!

Looking at that, it's amazing Ubisoft even contemplate doing a subsim at all!

Maybe this explains part of it...

"Yves is a sailing and horse-riding enthusiast." source Mobygames

Although I don't think that the next part of his bio is accurate based on recent events!!!

"He is married with three children, who are the harshest judges of Ubi Soft games."

Hitman
05-23-07, 11:12 AM
He is married with three children

Isn't it ilegal to marry more than one person, and also ilegal to marry under 18?

;) :p

Dowly
05-23-07, 11:13 AM
Isn't it ilegal to marry more than one person, and also ilegal to marry under 18?

;) :p

:rotfl::rotfl:

TDK1044
05-23-07, 11:21 AM
I'm glad he's a sailing enthusiast. Maybe a modder can map his boat into the game and you guys can try and sink it with a faulty TDC.

MONOLITH
05-23-07, 11:36 AM
LMAO! :up:

MaxT.dk
05-23-07, 02:01 PM

AHAHAAHAHAHA :D LOOOOL! :D :up::up::up:

orangenee
05-23-07, 02:05 PM
SOCL @ the above!!!:D:rotfl::rotfl:

Lagger123987
05-23-07, 04:35 PM
Let's make the UBI CEO get fired like that one guy from this World bank place.

Sailor Steve
05-23-07, 04:38 PM
Hitman, if you keep coming up with great word games like that, you're going to have to stop claiming "No speaka da English!"

Hitman
05-24-07, 07:47 AM
Hitman, if you keep coming up with great word games like that, you're going to have to stop claiming "No speaka da English!"

LOL I was not very sure if it was grammatically correct, but that's something I love to do in my native tongue and am moderately good at it:oops: so I just tried.

Capt. Shark Bait
05-24-07, 06:00 PM
what the hell is petz?

darius359au
05-24-07, 06:39 PM
what the hell is petz?

Sorta like The Sims ,but useing small fluffy animals and less options than a Tamagotchi

Capt. Shark Bait
05-24-07, 09:27 PM
what the hell is petz?

Sorta like The Sims ,but useing small fluffy animals and less options than a Tamagotchi

oh ,gawd no:roll:

skullman86
05-24-07, 09:35 PM
"sailing enthusiast."

Possibly the ONLY reason we still have silent hunter.We know it's not because of sales :rotfl:

Reaves
05-24-07, 09:49 PM
"sailing enthusiast."

Possibly the ONLY reason we still have silent hunter.We know it's not because of sales :rotfl:

If someone was to mod his boat so he can use it instead of a sub he might ensure UBI put a lot more money into the series.

A sailing boat with bow and stern torpedo tubes plus a bow and stern AA guns might be pretty fun actually. :arrgh!:

Lagger123987
05-24-07, 10:14 PM
5 million only? WE NEED MORE!