PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best sub..............

STEED
05-23-07, 07:58 AM
Which subs are the best ones to use at the start of your careers in all the years and how do you get a new one.

kakemann
05-23-07, 08:01 AM
Hmmmm. not sure about which one is best, but you will get a new one after a while of successfull missions I think. When a nwe subtype is available you will be given the option to change sub.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the answer to one of your questions as far as I know :D

STEED
05-23-07, 08:18 AM
I tried out the Tamber correct me if I got the name wrong in 1941 and it was a bitch to get under the waves, I swear not my German IXD2 goes faster than that one did. It was so slow I had to slug it out with aircraft and the ammo soon runs out.

kakemann
05-23-07, 08:27 AM
I swear not my German IXD2 goes faster than that one did. It was so slow I had to slug it out with aircraft and the ammo soon runs out.

After trying most of the subs in SH4, my own conclusion is that all the subs are a lot slower when diving than all of the SH3 subs. I'm not sure if this is because it is more or less historical correct..

Maybe someone knows if this is historical accurate, and if there is a working fix for it?

Quillan
05-23-07, 08:40 AM
When you consider that the US fleet subs were about the size of a IXD, it shouldn't be surprising that they are slow to dive. The fleet boats are just over 1500 tons displacement.

AVGWarhawk
05-23-07, 08:45 AM
I can get my Gato down in 40 seconds. This is a 5th patrol crew. They do get better as you go. Also, the sea state at the time of dive plays a roll in the speed you will submerge. At least it looks this way.

I see you are playing even after you verdict thread. It sparked an interest, no?

STEED
05-23-07, 01:41 PM
I see you are playing even after you verdict thread. It sparked an interest, no?

I was going to hold off but when the hard drive died I got the upgrades done as well and a second hand copy of the game came my way for £2.00 so well what the heck.

AVGWarhawk
05-23-07, 02:47 PM
I was going to hold off but when the hard drive died I got the upgrades done as well and a second hand copy of the game came my way for £2.00 so well what the heck.

Cool, hope it works and runs alright for you.

joea
05-23-07, 02:50 PM
I swear not my German IXD2 goes faster than that one did. It was so slow I had to slug it out with aircraft and the ammo soon runs out.
After trying most of the subs in SH4, my own conclusion is that all the subs are a lot slower when diving than all of the SH3 subs. I'm not sure if this is because it is more or less historical correct..

Maybe someone knows if this is historical accurate, and if there is a working fix for it?

It is but read AVG's post crews get better with practice.

the_belgian
05-23-07, 03:31 PM
Which subs are the best ones to use at the start of your careers in all the years and how do you get a new one.

I started with a Porpoise-class and am still sailing it untill they trow me out or i got sunk!
Then i'll try the next type :smug:

Capt. Shark Bait
05-23-07, 04:48 PM
quiznos:rock: , as opposed to subway, which only toasted theirs cuz of quiznos

Radtgaeb
05-23-07, 06:13 PM
quiznos:rock: , as opposed to subway, which only toasted theirs cuz of quiznos

I actually quite like penn station over the both of them. :rotfl:

TripleDaddy
05-23-07, 07:51 PM
Real men use S-class.

Radtgaeb
05-23-07, 07:56 PM
Real men use S-class.

And use the deck gun to down dive bombers!:rock::rock::rock:

QFT!

NefariousKoel
05-23-07, 07:57 PM

The stock dive times are a bit too steep, still. Obviously after some patrols your crew gets pretty good with special abilities but I know that there's a mod somewhere for more historic dive times. It's no 40 seconds but it's closer to what it should be.:up: