PDA

View Full Version : resolution at max settings

squalo79
05-23-07, 01:03 AM
i know as i think it was discussed before that the orig version of the game did not support Antiliasing ( sorry for the spelling ) and antisotropic ( sorry for the spelling again ... ) .
and when the patches ( official ones ) came out, which i downloaded i still see the same problem.
during the day, but i think especially and remarkable during the night, i do not have a nice clean/nitid sky as i see in some of the screenshots posted by you guys.
i have a dell 24' wide lcd screen, supporting max res at 1920 x something, which i can see as well in the ingame grapfic options of the game.

i put everything at max ( including antiliasing and antisotropic.. ) but still i see the night like kind of foggy as if i wld have a ****ty video card ( i hv a 8800 gtx ) or computer ( i bought it 2 month ago, with the newest hardware available ).
the night is foggy, i see like kind of white waves on the sky, not nice resolution (i see the dots, like when you go close to watch 10 cm away from a big plasma tv ) .
in the options of my videocard, i always leave her as " application controlled" , which i hear should be the way i should do instead of forcing the videocard with antiliasing and antisotropic at max.

any help/suggestion? something i forgot to download? something i should adjust in the graphic settings?

PepsiCan
05-23-07, 05:19 AM
Anti-aliasing and antroposofic filtering (AA and AF respectively) are supported after you've implemented patch 1.2. But you need to enable it through your video card drivers. So, enable your video card drivers to start doing AA and AF and then Silent Hunter will do it as well.

How you force your video card depends on the type (nVidia based or ATI based etc). Search the forum for AA and AF and you should find something.