PDA

View Full Version : Shirtless crew..I guess this is normal?

MONOLITH
05-20-07, 08:34 AM
I never saw this before...

I was heavily damaged, flooding, dropped to around 400 feet. Looked around the command room and suddenly saw 3 men with no shirts on. I tried to take a picture of the other two, but the game ctd as I snapped the other screenshot.

http://www.MayhemOnStrings.com/Images/noshirt.jpg

Is this normal? An Easter Egg?

Hitman
05-20-07, 08:42 AM
I have seen many real pictures and footage where the crew were showing naked brests, but not yet seen it in SH4. I'm still unsure wether I like it or not, this can end up looking like a Gay party on a sub. Come to think of it the red light by night might make it even worser:hmm:

U-Bones
05-20-07, 08:52 AM
When the hull is stresed lights flicker and flash
When the crew is stressed at depth they talk funny and undress.

I have seen it a lot as I tested hull stress/damage behavior.

DS
05-20-07, 09:02 AM
I've had them strip down quite a few times.

Under silent running, the ventillation and air conditioning was turned off, and interior tempretures would build and could soar over 100 degrees, with 100% humidity. Condensation was everywhere, and body odour could start to out pace the smell of diesel fuel. They didn't call them "Pig Boats" for nothing!

Standing watch in nothing but shorts and sandles was normal under those conditions.

Takeda Shingen
05-20-07, 10:44 AM
So, you called action stations and the planesman came running from the boat's weight room as fast as he could.

MONOLITH
05-20-07, 10:50 AM
Under silent running, the ventillation and air conditioning was turned off, and interior tempretures would build and could soar over 100 degrees, with 100% humidity.

In trying to determine what the game engine's trigger was for the shirtless skins, I believe this is it.

The helmsman on the right (the one that gets added under battlestations) was displaying an animation of wiping sweat off his brow. That was the first time I had seen that as well.

So I assume this is the devs way to indicate the temperature buildup in the sub. I was in Silent Running.

It was just funny the first time you unexpectedly see it, and I had 3 different guys suddenly with no shirts on.

Time to vote for women crews in the command room.

"Sir, we've been at Silent Running for days" :|\\

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 10:53 AM
There is skins in the tex folder for this. I think its triggered in really warm weather. Never seen in game as of yet though. Actually...gave me an idea for a mod :p

Major Johnson
05-20-07, 10:58 AM
[quote=DS]

Time to vote for women crews in the command room.

Modders! And your next mission is, if you choose to accept it!! :lol:

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 11:00 AM
Did a quick check. its triggered by "Dirty Work" in the "CrewMembers3D.upc"
I would like to do a mod for this if no one else wants a stab at it? Its like 10 min work as its only some text editing.

Linton
05-20-07, 11:03 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/Sammo106/D.jpg

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 11:06 AM
THAT'S SEXY! LOL! :D Nice outfit, specially when he got those boots on. haha :rotfl:

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 11:13 AM
I think a mod like this would actually attract more ppl from the gay community ;)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/CaptainCox/TehGayboat2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/CaptainCox/TehGayboat1.jpg

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 11:17 AM
I think a mod like this would actually attract more ppl from the gay community ;)

I'm not gay, but I would use it (just for the fun of it) :rotfl: :smug:

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 11:21 AM
K ;) gimme 4 min to upload it. I do it here as i am not sure...its really a "proper mod" I will have another look at it and see if i can mix the guys more realistically. If i do that I upload it in the mod section. Hang on.

PS (just added this to my "Lower ranks Mod" as I did this fast, so you get that anyway even if you want it or not :p

Boris
05-20-07, 11:22 AM
Maybe someone could make a new soundtrack for the game now, featuring certain village people hits :rotfl:

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 11:28 AM
JIM BOY MOD
MADE BY CC...just for fun :p
Renders all enlisted men...well see for your self ;)
Use it in any way or form you want.

ENJOY! ;)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://files.filefront.com/JIM_BOY_MOD_BETArar/;7559651;/fileinfo.html

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 11:31 AM
haha, off to try it!

http://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/thumb/200px-Gay_Bear_Naval_Guy.jpg

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 11:37 AM
HAHAHAHA! Man! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I bet you had to go to some dark wet web site to fish that pic up...or was it already on Ur HD :p

Hitman
05-20-07, 11:48 AM
lights flicker and flash
When the crew is stressed at depth they talk funny and undress.

OK let's put this all together:

-Guys undressing their navy cloths
-Red lights
-Ficker and flash lights
-In game music

We had this all before in SH3 to a certain extent (Herr Kaleun, Bernard is dancing on the pole again!), but now we have all elements to recreate a real dancing disco pub of San Francisco:arrgh!: Who gives a try to that mod? We no longer seem to need the Bar Royal from SH3 Commander:arrgh!:

Better no 1.3 patch or we might see the bathroom closed ... with two guys inside at a time!!

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 11:50 AM
HAHAHAHA! Man! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I bet you had to go to some dark wet web site to fish that pic up...or was it already on Ur HD :p

hehe, why? Do you want some more for your own collection? ;)
Nah, google can find anything, lol :D

And the MOD didn't worked for me... Balao class, late 1943... Brought her down to 160m, evryone up and ... NOBODY'S NEKKID! :cry: haha :rotfl:

I guess u gotta look some more into it

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 11:51 AM
NO WAY!...ok hang on i fix the script and just upload that...

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 11:59 AM
Try this:
http://files.filefront.com/JIM_BOY_FIXrar/;7559864;/fileinfo.html

Simply replace with the "CrewMembers3D.upc" in the "UPCData" folder.

NOW ALL GUYS ARE "..."..including the officers...

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 12:02 PM
including the officers...
That might be the problem since all of my crew consist of officers @ lvl12 :rotfl: Will try and report!

EDIT:
Negative, everyone still in the shirts (damn them! :D)... meh :|

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 01:03 PM
WOW! how can that be. I changed every darn "torso" in that script... You sure you unpacked it correct. Check if its not a double folder in JSGME, you know a folder within a folder.

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 01:14 PM
Yep, checked and rechecked. Did it worked on your SH4?

ryanwigginton
05-20-07, 01:29 PM
As a former member of the Royal Navy, I can vouch sailors like to take there clothes off. But these aren't in full swing yet, can we lose the pants to.

'Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific Nude Patch' :huh:

Or maybe add leather chaps.

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 01:35 PM
As a former member of the Royal Navy, I can vouch sailors like to take there clothes off. But these aren't in full swing yet, can we lose the pants to.

'Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific Nude Patch' :huh:

Or maybe add leather chaps.

Stop giving CaptainCox bad ideas :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I know he WILL do it! :arrgh!::cool:

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 01:38 PM
Sure works...100% I ran a War patrol...Lifeguard i think its called.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/CaptainCox/11.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/CaptainCox/111111111.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/CaptainCox/1111.jpg

Thought about the leather look...could do it you know :p...na takes to much time, cause I would have to do the studs, chains, mustaches and the 70s RayBan sunglasses....but I could do it...

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 01:50 PM
How about this...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/CaptainCox/letherman.jpg

Very childish i know but could not resist...

MONOLITH
05-20-07, 01:53 PM
Oh my. What have I done....

Hey Captain, what does the game consider "Dirty Work" to trigger the shirts off? I was doing serious damage repair at the time...

Is it damage repair or in-sub temperature?

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 01:54 PM
As far as I understand its both. Dirty work and warm weather.

; Hot Weather
;*************
CrewMemberBodyPart7= Hot, Headgear, #Normal, 0.5, NULL
CrewMemberBodyPart8= Hot, Headgear, NULL, 1, NULL
CrewMemberBodyPart9= Hot, Torso, bust_m02, 3, bust_md02.tga
CrewMemberBodyPart10= Hot, Torso, bust_m02, 3, bust_md02.tga
CrewMemberBodyPart11= Hot, Legs, #Normal, 1, #Normal

Work/Dirty
;*************
CrewMemberBodyPart22= Dirty, Headgear, NULL, 1, NULL
CrewMemberBodyPart23= Dirty, Torso, bust_m02, 3, bust_md02.tga
CrewMemberBodyPart24= Dirty, Torso, bust_m02, 3, bust_md02.tga
CrewMemberBodyPart25= Dirty, Legs, #Normal, 0.3, #Normal
CrewMemberBodyPart26= Dirty, Legs, pantaloni_m02, 1, pantaloni_md02.tga

What actually triggers that I am not 100% sure

I have never seen any bare breasted guys as of yet. But then again i am not checking the control room the whole time.

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 01:56 PM
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL :rotfl::rotfl:
OMG MAN! THAT... You know... You never stop wondering me :D :up::up::up:

I could help you with that mod I guess, just for the fun of it. It could be way too fun! :rotfl:

Also... I haven't tried that mod in war patrol, but in the normal career... I've loaded mod when the game was closed, loaded my savegame in the dock, clicked on the map, spawned in the port (and outside too) and tried everything to make'em nasty, but no way... :roll:

MONOLITH
05-20-07, 02:00 PM
When I got it, I was deep down 450ft at silent running (hot in sub) and there were serious repairs going on for quite awhile. (Dirty work).

So, I would say Silent Running + Lots of repair + Time is the key.

Now, to replace the 3d models of the crew with females. Then we have something Captain.

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 02:18 PM
Now, to replace the 3d models of the crew with females. Then we have something Captain.

WOW... Now we're speaking! Can I add something tho'? How about women + the leather outfit you came up with earlier? WHOA MAN! I SEE PICTURES!
http://www.alt-gifts.com/assets/images/product/large/2797.jpg

perisher
05-20-07, 02:18 PM
I was an RN Signalman, we were at a Royal event so rig of the day was Number One Blues. I got called from my bunk to read a message by lamp at 0200, the ship was at anchor so the OOW would be on the quarter deck and, I figured, the bridge and flag deck would be deserted, so to hell with No.1's. I just pulled on a pair of desert boots and climbed up to the flag deck, where I met the First Lieutenant showing his wife around the ship, at 0200!!!

I got 14 days loss of pay, leave and privileges.:doh:

DirtyHarry3033
05-20-07, 02:24 PM
How about this...

OMG! :o :o :o What is this navy coming to???

Did you have to do the nipple rings??!?!! Don't wanna know about any other piercings you might have in mind:rotfl:

Tell you what, add some strobe lights, a color wheel or 2, a mirrored ball hanging from the overhead and a Village People gramophone set, and the gay community will be beating the door down at EB Games to get a copy of SH4 :hmm:

Now for a real test of your talents - how about an anatomically-correct female crew? Hmm, otoh that might not be a good idea, would make it impossible to concentrate on getting a firing solution...

DH

CaptainCox
05-20-07, 02:25 PM
To do that I have to get like 5000% better with 3DS MAX and stuff...but I am working on it...getting better with the software that is :p

I was an RN Signalman, we were at a Royal event so rig of the day was Number One Blues. I got called from my bunk to read a message by lamp at 0200, the ship was at anchor so the OOW would be on the quarter deck and, I figured, the bridge and flag deck would be deserted, so to hell with No.1's. I just pulled on a pair of desert boots and climbed up to the flag deck, where I met the First Lieutenant showing his wife around the ship, at 0200!!!

I got 14 days loss of pay, leave and privileges.:doh: WOW...talk about bad timing.

MONOLITH
05-20-07, 02:42 PM
Hey Captain, I may actually have some female models that can be made to work from a previous mod.

Let's chat via PM til we sort it out.

ryanwigginton
05-20-07, 02:45 PM
This is by far the best thread in the forum...

Non of that 'where's my all important 1.3 patch, give me my money back' :stare:

Instead... just a bit of good old fashioned naval homosexuality & fetish play :arrgh!:

ryanwigginton
05-20-07, 02:48 PM
'...and then I turned to the captain and remarked, 'hey, you must work out''

RICH12ACE
05-20-07, 02:51 PM
DO NOT drop the soap in those tiny us subs showers!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dowly
05-20-07, 05:35 PM
Ok... guys... I know you all are waiting for the 1.3 to show up and need something to do to spend the time... but... this is kinda... umm... gay? :lol:

MaxT.dk
05-20-07, 05:37 PM
It better be gay than be stressy and negative! :arrgh!: (I don't talk for everyone in here :rotfl:)

joea
05-20-07, 05:47 PM
WOW... Now we're speaking! Can I add something tho'? How about women + the leather outfit you came up with earlier? WHOA MAN! I SEE PICTURES!

Thank you Max I was wondering if this was not some kind of "gay pride" forum... :p

DirtyHarry3033
05-20-07, 06:30 PM
Thank you Max I was wondering if this was not some kind of "gay pride" forum... :p
This thread has boldly gone where no thread has gone before, I think!

Disturbing for sure but I've gotten a few ":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:" out of it and that's a welcome break from all the ranting and whining and complaining that's been going on lately :up:

DH

THE_MASK
05-20-07, 06:31 PM
How about this...

Disgraceful.

AVGWarhawk
05-20-07, 07:23 PM
One hell of a way to get our minds of the....oh hell never mind. That is a hoot. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Syxx_Killer
05-20-07, 09:54 PM
So let me get this straight, the devs were able to successfully implement shirtless guys into the game, but they couldn't have spent more time on more important matters? Different priorities peraps? Either way this thread is gonna give me nightmares.:dead: Where are all the hot chicks (the one up top's not bad)? Quick! Someone mod in Catherine Bell!:arrgh!:

mookiemookie
05-20-07, 10:20 PM
How about this...

It's NAVY DUDE!

Pablo
05-20-07, 10:37 PM
How about this...

Very childish i know but could not resist... Seriously, compare pictures of actual submarine crewmen to SH4's refugees from the set of Conan the Barbarian. If THIS doesn't get Ubisoft hopping on a V1.3 patch I don't know what will. ;)

Pablo

CaptainCox
05-21-07, 01:52 AM
So let me get this straight, the devs were able to successfully implement shirtless guys into the game, but they couldn't have spent more time on more important matters? Different priorities peraps? Either way this thread is gonna give me nightmares.:dead: Where are all the hot chicks (the one up top's not bad)? Quick! Someone mod in Catherine Bell!:arrgh!: I think you hit the head on the nail there man!. SH4 is more of a "graphic" game, more so then SH3. This is for obvious reasons i think. You got a booming console market and any PC game that is not pure eye candy will get dumped pretty fast. Also the fact the the devs had far less time then was originally planned. I guess many "normal" peeps are very happy with the game as is, looks good, has cool explosions, nice Hollywood sound score etc etc, its only us sad rivet counters that are pulling our hair out.

StandingCow
05-21-07, 03:15 AM
All ya need now is to replace some of the background music with Some YMCA, or in the navy...

And when you get into combat they say, "we work hard... we play hard"...

ugh!

See what you have done ubi?! :)

Dowly
05-21-07, 03:53 AM
So let me get this straight...

ROFLMAO! This topic and 'straight' dont mix. :rotfl:

danlisa
05-21-07, 04:01 AM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I also notice that they are the stereotypical hollywood american.:roll: Where the fat bugger eating lard arse.:rotfl::rotfl:Oh, that's right, they didn't model the galley.:88)

MaxT.dk
05-21-07, 07:21 AM
heh, yeah, we definetly needed a thread like this when we think about all those anoying 1.3 patch threads :roll:
And yeh, I think 100% same as CaptainCox said and I've said the same before. :know:

On the end note, I really think we should make this MOD, just for the fun of it... First no shirts mod, then no pants mod, then some extra "accessories", then maybe some leather... At last someone could work on the new 3D female models in the same leather outfit :roll:;)

I'm pretty sure it would bring a smile on every skipper out there, even the hardcore one :hmm: Not talking about the average skipper at all :rotfl::arrgh!:

Syxx_Killer
05-21-07, 08:18 AM

ROFL! :rotfl: I wondered if someone would pick up on that.:rotfl:

donw
05-21-07, 08:43 AM
You ALL better be glad Sharky aint around anymore!!! :arrgh!:

Major Johnson
05-21-07, 09:07 AM
Man, I've been trying to post an image but it never takes! The insert image function brings up a url link, but I just want to post a picture from my hard drive. Typing in the path doesn't insert a picture, just a little white box with a red "X". What's the trick??

Limerick
05-21-07, 09:10 AM
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/sh-usn/usnsh-b/ss332-h.htm

Beery
05-21-07, 09:37 AM
I just pulled on a pair of desert boots and climbed up to the flag deck, where I met the First Lieutenant showing his wife around the ship, at 0200!!!

I got 14 days loss of pay, leave and privileges.:doh:

Blimey, talk about no sense of humour!

Beery
05-21-07, 09:43 AM
So let me get this straight, the devs were able to successfully implement shirtless guys into the game, but they couldn't have spent more time on more important matters? Different priorities peraps?

Well, I'm just glad the crew of SH4 look a lot more like actual human beings than did the crew of SH3.

But on the topic of shirtless guys in games, what is it about that anyway? I play a few MMO games and it seems there are always a bunch of guys running around shirtless and wearing leather - and when you talk to them they swear up and down that they really like girls. I wonder.

MONOLITH
05-21-07, 12:15 PM
In reference to "what's this no shirt type of thing for anyway"....

I have to give the devs credit for trying to implement such human behavior into the game.

By comparison, you could have Dangerous Waters, which on the other end of the spectrum has no real human element to it at all.

Or we have SH4, which has human characters wiping sweat off their brow, the helmsman looks at me during silent running and puts his finger to his lips telling me to "Sssshhhhhhhh". The Engineer grabs the map table and looks fearfully upwards at the ceiling during depth charging;

And who would have ever though that after several hours trapped underwater doing repairs with little air, my hot and hard working crew would suddenly take their shirts off to compensate.

I think it's awesome.

Viva Romania. :|\\

the_belgian
05-21-07, 12:16 PM
i believe a girl made those skins.

marky
05-21-07, 12:40 PM
I never saw this before...

I was heavily damaged, flooding, dropped to around 400 feet. Looked around the command room and suddenly saw 3 men with no shirts on. I tried to take a picture of the other two, but the game ctd as I snapped the other screenshot.

http://www.MayhemOnStrings.com/Images/noshirt.jpg

Is this normal? An Easter Egg?

wish i had muscles like that :up::o

U-927
05-21-07, 12:48 PM
I've seen it a few times as well I htought it was a rather great added effect

MaxT.dk
05-21-07, 12:56 PM
i believe a girl made those skins.
SH4 devs don't have any girl between them.

MaxT.dk
05-21-07, 12:57 PM
wish i had muscles like that :up::o
Start working out instead of wishing :p That wont change much ;)

DirtyHarry3033
05-21-07, 02:52 PM
Man, I've been trying to post an image but it never takes! The insert image function brings up a url link, but I just want to post a picture from my hard drive. Typing in the path doesn't insert a picture, just a little white box with a red "X". What's the trick??

You can't add a picture from your HD, you need to host it on the web somewhere. If your ISP gives you space for a web page you can upload it there and link to the URL, otherwise you can host it on one of the free hosting sites like ImageShack for instance. But at any rate you can't host it off your own HD (unless you're running a web server I guess...)

DH

Major Johnson
05-21-07, 04:27 PM
[quoteYou can't add a picture from your HD, you need to host it on the web somewhere. If your ISP gives you space for a web page you can upload it there and link to the URL, otherwise you can host it on one of the free hosting sites like ImageShack for instance. But at any rate you can't host it off your own HD (unless you're running a web server I guess...)

DH
Ahhhh. Hmmmm. Oh well I had found some pics of Laura Holly in that Down Periscope movie with Kelsey Grammer. No biggie, but thanks for the info.

Elder-Pirate
05-29-07, 04:34 PM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/011.gif

Whew, what a WO. :rotfl: :arrgh!:

Redwine
05-29-07, 04:39 PM

I am waiting for this mod !! :p

ReallyDedPoet
05-29-07, 04:55 PM

:smug::smug:

MaxT.dk
05-29-07, 05:11 PM
That looks more like SH10 to me :rotfl:

DirtyHarry3033
05-29-07, 08:32 PM

Good gawd-almighty, she must be in heavy seas :o