PDA

View Full Version : POTC: At World's End game

ajrimmer42
05-20-07, 05:58 AM
Anyone played the new Pirates of the Carribean At World's End game? I got it for PC and it's not very good at all. The actual gameplay is alright, but the graphics are terrible and it has nothing to do with the film, it's actually just the Dead Man's Chest storyline with slightly different locations! e.g you meet Tia Dalma in Port Royal, not in her swamp like the actual Dead Man's Chest game. If you just want a POTC game then get it, but it's nothing like the movie

Nell Quick
05-21-07, 05:12 AM
In my experience games that are conceived as movie tie-ins are invariably disappointing, if not appallingly bad. I'm sure there are one or two exceptions, but for the moment I can't think of any.

The only reason Pirates of the Caribbean had any merit at all (and I know some disagree with that) is because it wasn't originally created as a tie-in, but as Sea Dogs 2. The POTC veneer was lightly painted on afterwards, and even then it was (as far as I'm aware) only the modding community that put in Jack, Will, Elizabeth and Commodore Norrington.

Raptor1
02-11-09, 11:50 AM
A spambot...eh...

KILL THE SPAMBOT, KILL IT NOW, NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReallyDedPoet
02-11-09, 12:56 PM
Killed & reported, thanks :yep::up:

RDP

ajrimmer42
02-12-09, 03:45 PM
lol, the Banhammer strikes again! :haha: