PDA

View Full Version : CTD problems specific to Video driver???

mmeechan
05-18-07, 06:40 PM
I've looked over the forums and haven't seen a thread that covers this so if there is sorry and please merge this.

Since applying patch 1.3 my game crashes to desktop soo often it's all but unplayable. The more ships in the vicinity the more frequent the CTDs. The crashes also seem to happen most often when changing stations or raising/lowering the periscope. all of these involve graphic changes. so I was wondering if there is any corelation between video cards/drivers and people experiencing lots of CTDs.

So.....
I'm running:
Nvidia 7900 series card running 158.18 driver for Vista 32bit.

MaxT.dk
05-18-07, 06:50 PM
Another one with patch 1.3... Where do they get it :hmm: Must be some secret beta testing group :rotfl:

Anyhow, I have the same problem from time to time, but it happends only when I had been in 1 patrol for many many hours and I've sinked lots of ships. Then the game have lots of information to remember/keep track of and... well, it CTD!

It might be ram problems, might be GPU drivers, might be some other software... Who knows...

You're not alone :dead:

kiwi_2005
05-18-07, 06:57 PM
Have you gone back to older drivers? With winxp i found old drivers that came with the gfx card cd worked for SH4.
Now with Vista Ultimate 32bit I never installed the 158.18 drivers, I let Vista installed its own drivers for my card - drivers are called "nVidia Geforce Microsoft Corporation WDDM" which i presume are as basic as they come. I have no nvidia window like you get with the proper nvidia driver. But SH4 and other games run well so i dont want to change it.

FIREWALL
05-18-07, 07:33 PM
Maybe it's the 1.3 patch? :p

Stew U-582
05-18-07, 08:08 PM
It looks like im the lucky one

I have only experienced 1 crashpoint during the game
at 7.00pm on yhe 8th may 1943

Im using 1.2 with triger maru and it seems to work