PDA

View Full Version : Storm Eagle announces Jutland

CCIP
05-18-07, 03:54 PM
Jim and Norm have been hinting at this one for a while, and now...

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_Jutland.html

The successor to Distant Guns has been named, with first four screenshots.
The game is slated for a fall release.

Love the first game to death (candidate for the best $60 I ever spent), and with the promise of an awesome WWI scenario, improved graphics and interface, and of course dreadnoughts - this one I think will be the engine's real day of glory.

And if you hadn't tried out Distant Guns yet, or tried it and dropped it due to teething troubles - encourage you to pick it up now. The support has been excellent and while there's still some issues left, Jim and Norm have worked hard and for the most recent updates (now at 1.050) have even included some of the improved code from the upcoming Jutland into the game.

Can't wait :up::up::up:

TteFAboB
05-18-07, 04:39 PM
Love the first game to death (candidate for the best $60 I ever spent), and with the promise of an awesome WWI scenario, improved graphics and interface, and of course dreadnoughts - this one I think will be the engine's real day of glory.

And if you hadn't tried out Distant Guns yet, or tried it and dropped it due to teething troubles - encourage you to pick it up now. The support has been excellent and while there's still some issues left, Jim and Norm have worked hard and for the most recent updates (now at 1.050) have even included some of the improved code from the upcoming Jutland into the game.

Can't wait :up::up::up:

Seconded on all accounts, except for the best 60$ ever spent, but I admit it was well worth it.

Fantastic news. :up: :up:

Chock
05-18-07, 06:29 PM
Cheers for the heads up, this is indeed very cool news

Chock :D

Hellcat
05-20-07, 10:51 AM
Looks interesting, this scenario is much more to my tastes than RWJ. I wonder if the campaign interface will be left intact or will this just be a single large scenario with the smaller actions broken down into "mini missions".

CCIP
05-20-07, 11:24 AM
Looks interesting, this scenario is much more to my tastes than RWJ. I wonder if the campaign interface will be left intact or will this just be a single large scenario with the smaller actions broken down into "mini missions".
No, honestly I'd be pretty surprised if they removed the campaign system. From reading their forum posts, Jim and Norm are both very happy with the way campaign worked in DG. So it probably will be dynamic as in DG (though I'm sure there will be some changes to cater to the scenario).

Janus
05-20-07, 02:48 PM
That Distant Gun Sim sounds very promising, I'll have to try it out I believe :yep:
Is this purchasable via download only?

CCIP
05-20-07, 04:48 PM
That Distant Gun Sim sounds very promising, I'll have to try it out I believe :yep:
Is this purchasable via download only?

Yes, I think so. I think there's an option for them to send it on the CD somewhere, too, but it's really a pay-per-download game. You also need an internet connection for automatic game updates.

Otherwise, get it! If you do, maybe we could play that one in multiplayer too :p
(I actually REALLY want to have some DG MP sometime, just that I haven't found anyone to do it with. Takers?)

TteFAboB
05-20-07, 05:08 PM
(I actually REALLY want to have some DG MP sometime, just that I haven't found anyone to do it with. Takers?)

I'd love to try the "Titans" battle. :D

nikimcbee
05-22-07, 03:51 PM
Wow, this looks cool.

horsa
05-22-07, 06:04 PM
Yes indeedy .. one to look forward to :D

LukeFF
05-23-07, 10:30 PM
Gonna keep an eye on this one for sure.

TheSatyr
06-03-07, 02:04 PM
Sounds promising. Now if they add in Scenarios based on Coronel,the Falklands and Dogger Bank then they will have sold me.

Wilko
06-04-07, 12:20 AM
Hmmm, looks interesting indeed :yep:

not seen this series before so I will definiatly keep a eye on it

nikimcbee
12-08-07, 12:23 PM
Any news yet?

PeriscopeDepth
12-08-07, 03:07 PM
Supposedly it's getting very close.

PD

Sonarman
12-08-07, 06:03 PM
There is a very active discussion forum for Jutland/ Distant Guns here (http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=245)

I've had DG since it came out and it's a great game, the devs have really supported the game well with many patches. I think Jutland looks set to add a lot of new features the most important being better camera control (the cam in DG was a bit awkward).

XabbaRus
12-08-07, 07:28 PM
I tried the demo but didn't have time to get into it, would like to try again.

Blacklight
12-08-07, 08:35 PM
This is the "Jutland" that i can't wait to get my hands on...
http://www.avalanchepress.com/gameJutland.php