PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the enemy Ships?

despat
05-14-07, 02:02 PM
I've been playing the Career mode and gotten to the PATROL SOUTH CHINA SEA assignment and completed it. Now, there's two problems:

1) There is not a single enemy target (ship or whatever) to be seen no matter where I travel. In the map, all I can see is 4 red sunked shipped (that I sunK).

2) Also, I've been waiting for the next assignment. I've done the time compression and it must be now 15 days, but no new assignment.

btw, this is a genuine game (so i'm not using a no-cd crack).

Thanks in advanced.

SteamWake
05-14-07, 02:09 PM
Maybe you sunked em all.... :lol:

There out there trust me. Radar can help alot. Also "dunk" once in a while (dive and slow to about 80 feet or so) to give a quick listen. You can hear ships a lot further than you can see them.

About the no new orders, if you are out of or low on munitions PAC will not issue new orders. Not even a RTB command. Stop somewhere re-fit and radio in another patrol report. You should then recieve a new task.

despat
05-14-07, 02:15 PM
I have refit 3 times since then. I'm on full ammo, so that' can't be the reason. Could this be a bug...

-Pv-
05-14-07, 02:24 PM
South China Sea is one of the most heavily populated enemy areas in the game.
I don't think you are suffering from a bug. I suggest you end your patrol by going home and get your crew and sub beefed up for a patrol in a new area.
After docking at base, you will enjoy faster save game reload times.
-Pv-

despat
05-14-07, 02:43 PM
South China Sea is one of the most heavily populated enemy areas in the game.
I don't think you are suffering from a bug. I suggest you end your patrol by going home and get your crew and sub beefed up for a patrol in a new area.
After docking at base, you will enjoy faster save game reload times.
-Pv-

Which base should i dock at; will any surfice or must it be the initial base (Midway)? I use to be able to see marking on my map showning the bearing of enemy ships (even in areas far away from me), but now not a single on in sight. Surely, something has changed. nothing at all in the south china area.

SteamWake
05-14-07, 03:47 PM
I have refit 3 times since then. I'm on full ammo, so that' can't be the reason. Could this be a bug...

Try sending ANOTHER patrol report.

despat
05-14-07, 04:23 PM

Try sending ANOTHER patrol report.

How do you send a Patrol report??

Powerthighs
05-14-07, 05:10 PM
Hit 'M' to open up your captains log. Select the middle tab and you will see two small buttons on the lower left side. One of them is the "Send Report" button.

-Pv-
05-17-07, 10:22 PM
Look here to see where your current flotilla base is. Unfortunately the game does not always inform you when it has changed, and sometime when it does inform you, the change is not saved to your savegames leading you to go to the wrong place.

CareerTrack.upc in the savedgames folder (in C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\SH4\data\cfg

Sort your saved games folders by date and look within the latest folder.

-Pv-