PDA

View Full Version : Out of range message

jrhelly
05-13-07, 07:22 AM
Hello,

Not sure what I did wrong, but now when I launch the game, I'm getting an Out of Range error message right after the intro Video.

I tried:
- uninstalling the game via the Control Panel
- delete manually the residual SHIV folder to make sure
- install the game again

and I still have the same problem.

Apart from the brutal solution to format my HD, any thought ?

Cheers,

AVGWarhawk
05-13-07, 07:32 AM
What are the specs of the computer you are attempting to run the game on? Lets take a look here first.

ReallyDedPoet
05-13-07, 07:32 AM
Never heard of this one, somebody I am sure has and will get to this:yep:

RDP

jrhelly
05-13-07, 07:36 AM
What are the specs of the computer you are attempting to run the game on? Lets take a look here first.

I have:
WinXP
nVidia 7800GTX
2GB Ram
Athlon 64 4000+

The game was running perfectly well till I must have done something wrong. What I suspect I tried to do (can't remember well), is change the resolution higher than what my monitor can handdle (1600x1200) which led to this error.

However, I would have thought that uninstalling the game and reinstalling it would have solved the issue. Which doesn't appear to be the case.

ReallyDedPoet
05-13-07, 07:39 AM
Seems strange, especially after you did the uninstall then reinstall:hmm:

RDP

Spiral1
05-13-07, 08:14 AM
Go into My Documents/sh4/data/cfg and open main.cfg and change the resolution in there. The reason reinstalling did not work is because it doesn't delete your sh4 folder in My Documents which keeps all your profile information.

jrhelly
05-13-07, 08:57 AM
Go into My Documents/sh4/data/cfg and open main.cfg and change the resolution in there. The reason reinstalling did not work is because it doesn't delete your sh4 folder in My Documents which keeps all your profile information.

It worked ! Thank you sir !

AVGWarhawk
05-13-07, 10:03 AM
Good show Spiral!

Sailor Steve
05-13-07, 02:38 PM
And welcome aboard!:sunny: