PDA

View Full Version : You have to admit

AVGWarhawk
05-12-07, 09:20 PM
You have to admit the ships exploding are done very well in this game. I sunk a large freighter. One torp in the stern and another in bow. I surfaced to finish it off with the deck gun. There was one small explosion and then a large explosion. The whole aft section lifted out of the water in unison with the second larger explosion, she broke in two and settled in the water. Down she went. Quite believable explosion and sinking:up:

The devs get a great big :up: for this part of the sim!

TheBrauerHour
05-12-07, 09:25 PM
Agreed! :rock:

SteamWake
05-12-07, 10:05 PM
I love the smell of torplex in the morning.

I espically love the "physics" of crap being tossed off the boat with a smoke trail.

Yes yes I know it is Hollywood... but it is cool as hell :rock:

ReallyDedPoet
05-12-07, 10:27 PM
Yeah, best I have seen. Stuff flying everywhere, nice fireballs:up:

RDP

NefariousKoel
05-12-07, 11:21 PM
Getting those magazine explosions that lift the ship up noticeably are the best.

daft
05-13-07, 01:34 AM
The secondary explosions are really spectacular. Last night I got myself into a convoy and began sinking as many ships as my still rather limited manual TDC skills allowed. Two ships slipped under rather quietly, but my third victim blew sky high in a massive fireball. I was about 600 yards away and I swear my teeth rattled from the vibrations when it went. ;) Excellent!

Marko_Ramius
05-13-07, 04:36 AM
Totally agree with this,

More i play, more i think that we have a really good potentiel piece of gold. If the bugs that are hard-coded matter are fix in some patch ( IA behaviour ?), and if the greats modders do at last what have been done for SH3, there is really some hope.

Even with some annoying things, the game is perfectly playable now, especialy with some good modds like FTT and a few others. Not a CTD for me.

Last night, i met a task force with 3 big Battleships ( don't remember the class :oops:) in a heavy fog, rain .. I could shoot and sunk one of them. It was amazing to see her blow up in secondarys explosions, some guns was blowing straight up high, lol !! And a ton of life boats all around ( a lot empty :arrgh!:..:cry: )

Explosions with ships 3d models are, for me, never seen before so beautiful, well done devs :up: I was the first to complain with graphic rendering and bugs, but things are a lot better, i admit ;)

Capt. Shark Bait
05-13-07, 06:50 AM
yup, the pyros are really :cool:. hit a DD:ping: the other night and while the stern started to sink, the forward half continued to float. it broke in half about midships:|\\. there's one thing, tho. aircraft and turrets don't fall off if the ships turn turtle. what's up with that?:-?

sqk7744
05-13-07, 10:44 AM
Yes, Very cool!
http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/images/sh4/Deckgun3.jpg