PDA

View Full Version : Gato Class Can't Upgrade to Radar?

Schnee
05-12-07, 10:13 AM
Playing the Asiatic scenario and after some interesting patrols in a S class and Salmon class, was offered a Gato class. Naturally I jumped at the upgrade, figuring I could now the spare torpedoes to blast away with, no small need when it looks like 50% (either depth keeping wise or contact/magnetic) don't work at this time period in the game (early '43).

But when I tried to upgrade to SJ radar (surface search?) I got a message "your Sub does not support this upgrade..." Huh? I'll check again but I'm sure I had more than enough renown to cover it. I was able to grab the SD (air search) rada, but that seems useless - any planes seem to always be spotted visually, not by radar.

I would have thought that the Gato - being one of the more advanced classes of sub could have accepted pretty much any sort of upgrade

GnarPow
05-12-07, 12:36 PM
I got the same error... I ended up just loading my last save( I always save right b4 i enter port in case they try and end my career)... are you based in Freemantle by any chance???

Karl-Heinz Jaeger
05-12-07, 01:10 PM
You might need to upgrade your sub to Gato Vista before it will be compatible with Surface Radar......:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:doh:

Deep6
05-12-07, 10:01 PM
You might need to upgrade your sub to Gato Vista before it will be compatible with Surface Radar......:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:doh:

Hi, I'm a Salmon ... and I'm a GATO. .... :D

Schnee
05-13-07, 11:07 AM
Right now I'm based in freemantle - on the East coast of Australia. I'll be headng back soon so we'll see what happens.

GnarPow
05-13-07, 05:11 PM
I suspect it may be something with the port of Freemantle then b/c that is where I had the error happen as well... when i upgraded to a gato at pearl harbor I didnt get this issue in my last career.

banjo
05-16-07, 08:40 AM
Even tho the game lets you load radar and/or even tho it shows up in your sub, you cannot use it until you get the proper sub and are in 1943.