PDA

View Full Version : Same mission again, again, again and again

diddejojje
05-12-07, 08:49 AM
Every mission is the same when i play. Even if i complete the mission or just goin in to port after starting a mission. A bug?
The mission is to drop off 6 marines....

kakemann
05-12-07, 08:52 AM
I had the same thing, except the mission was to patrol off Honshu Island. Even when completing it it wouldn't stop giving me the same mission again! :shifty:

sean705
05-12-07, 08:56 AM
I think soemone posted about this in another thread, but the thing I've found to work is this:
If you complete the mission that you're on, and then radio in a status report and get a new mission on that patrol, that will usually break up the repetitive mission cycle, and I usually start getting new starting missions on each patrol. Hope this helps!

diddejojje
05-12-07, 08:56 AM
I had the same thing, except the mission was to patrol off Honshu Island. Even when completing it it wouldn't stop giving me the same mission again! :shifty:

so you restarted the career`?
or reinstalling the game with saving the saves?

diddejojje
05-12-07, 08:58 AM
I think soemone posted about this in another thread, but the thing I've found to work is this:
If you complete the mission that you're on, and then radio in a status report and get a new mission on that patrol, that will usually break up the repetitive mission cycle, and I usually start getting new starting missions on each patrol. Hope this helps!

thanks! i will test it!

SteamWake
05-12-07, 09:39 AM
Yes radioing in your patrol reports seems to help.

Still a chance you will get the same mission but not more than 3 or 4 times in a row.

CaptainHaplo
05-12-07, 11:25 AM
In addition, there is a fix in the mod group that resolves this. Some changes were made to remove duplicated missions. Works great. Use JSGME for it. There is a standalone version, as well as its included in RFB and the new version of FTT (except its been renamed and I forgot its new one) I think.

GnarPow
05-12-07, 12:34 PM
I get the same mission every single time... and I report the completion and finish about 2 or 3 objectives after it... but they always give me same mission... Bring Lt Jesse Brockman and his crew to the same spot int he phillipines... EVERYTIME... I dont care though I just kill everything I see but it is quite annoying... I even changed ports to brisbane from freemantle and they gave me same mission... dumb bastards

ReallyDedPoet
05-12-07, 01:23 PM
so you restarted the career`?
or reinstalling the game with saving the saves?

From the Mod Trigger Maru 1.0 by Ducimus:

Career Game Enhancments

-Campagin objectives have been scripted to provide as much variety as possible. No two consecutive patrols will be alike in obective, or location.

- Repeated patrol bug fixed. The game will now assign one area, every two months. After two months time, a new area is selected. No more doing 6 patrols in a row to Honshu!

joea
05-12-07, 01:26 PM
Ducimus should be hired by Ubisoft, heck a lot of our modders here should be hired by Ubisoft!!!

AVGWarhawk
05-12-07, 03:42 PM
Other than the mods(God Bless Em) radio in and also, search for convoys. Radio in a convoy...for some reason, changes your next missions. They will radio back either to sink ships in the convoy or come home. At this point, when they say come home, you next mission when leaving should be different. This is my experience with it.