PDA

View Full Version : Newbies (Maybe silly) question

tub_si
05-11-07, 11:57 PM
Hello.

I'm very new to this series. But after I've bought the box and studied, with the help of you guys here in many post. I was stuck deep in the game. Last night I spent 6 hrs practicing my torpedo solution in realistic setting and found out that was very entertaining. This morning I decided to start the patrol. And I've got one problem.

I have to leave Pearl Harbor and ambush for some merchant ships near Japan Island. The problem is I never get there coz not enough fuel. I tried to refuel at Midway once but it still not enough to bring me there. I tried to sail to Manila first and go to Honshu from there but as soon as I passed Mariana Island. Manila was heavy attacked and unable to dock. I used surface standard speed without any encounter.

Does it has someway to refuel in the open sea. Don't mention about operating my mission. Coz I just can't get there.

Thanks for your help. :)

azn_132
05-12-07, 12:00 AM
Depends on how fast ur goin, if u go ahead flank all the way then u wasted alota fuel and u dont have enough to get to Japan, I suggest u go at least ahead 1/3 or standard speed.

tub_si
05-12-07, 12:05 AM
I've used that standard speed all the way. It might get there with about 10-15% of fuel left. I don't think I can engage some ship with that amount of fuel. Not to mention getting back to base.

azn_132
05-12-07, 12:07 AM
Try to go ahead 1/3 or slow, is if u can try to reach Japan at that speed.

Payoff
05-12-07, 03:17 AM
10 knots is the most economical speed for long trips. Just click on the little knot meter thingy to set it manually.