PDA

View Full Version : Torps suddely won't fire?

Ypnos
05-11-07, 08:28 PM
Hi all, new to this board.

Been playing the game fine for a while now, all patched to 1.2. It would seem that my torpedoes won't fire all of a sudden! Any ideas?

Highbury
05-11-07, 09:41 PM
I get this myself from time to time. Sometimes restarting the game will help, sometimes it won't. I have no idea what is causing it. I also have one where I tell the boat to dive and it just cuts speed to 0 and sits about on the surface watching that task force heading my way :o

I am installed, directly patched to 1.2 and have the latest FTT installed with the mod enabler.

Going to try re-installing > 1.1 > 1.2 and see if these things clear up

tater
05-11-07, 09:58 PM
You might want to check your crew. If you set battle stations and forget to turn it off, they crew gets so exhausted eventually they just stop doing their jobs and pass out.

Cruising along then stopping for no reason is a good indication you have done this.

Highbury
05-11-07, 10:31 PM
For the torp issue there is a small possibility of that, but I am fairly sure it has happened to me without having had crew at quarters before, but I can't be positive.

On my issue of the boat just stopping when given any dive command, that is certainly a bug of some kind. It has happened immediately upon starting a patrol.

Thank you for your imput.

Ypnos
05-11-07, 10:36 PM
Fixed it. Re-installed 1.2 patch. Restarting or even rebooting did not fix it for me...

Bando
05-12-07, 05:56 AM
I had it one time where the boat would not steer anymore. I could only go straight ahaid/back. No obvious reason. Loaded a previous save, went to the exact same spot, and steering was no problem.
Don't know why it happened.

Cheers

AVGWarhawk
05-12-07, 06:33 AM
Fixed it. Re-installed 1.2 patch. Restarting or even rebooting did not fix it for me...

You are starting the game with the disc, yes?

-Pv-
05-12-07, 03:58 PM
Silence speaks a thousand words...

AVGWarhawk
05-12-07, 07:30 PM

Is this were we hear the pin drop?:roll:

Weigh-Man
05-13-07, 08:52 AM

Is this were we hear the pin drop?:roll:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

9th_cow
05-13-07, 10:06 AM
That is caused by copy protection.
it happens when you dont use the real disk or a working crack.

Highbury
05-13-07, 10:23 AM
Yeah I saw the post about not using cracks, went back to using the original exe with the disc in, golden. thx :)

ReM
05-13-07, 04:12 PM
Pretty neat copy protection....

Playing a subsim in a sub that can't fire its fish......:88)