PDA

View Full Version : Conning tower upgrade mid career

pythos
05-11-07, 09:41 AM
I read the responses to my prior conning tower question. Unfortunately the method given seems to work only with new carreers. I would like to change my current captain's tower.

I look in my captain's folder and find the file "Activeuser player unit.upc" in which I find

NormalmapTextureName=NULL
MenuSilhouetteTextureName=S_Class_01b.tga
StartUserPlayerUnitMissionDateTime=1941-12-08 12:00:00
CurrentUserPlayerUnitMissionDateTime=1941-12-08 12:00:00

my question is, what is the deal with the currentuserplayermissiondatetime, line. Why is it several months before the date I am currently playing?

Could this be why my boat's tower is not getting upgraded? The stupid sim thinks my boat is in late 41, when in fact I am well into 1942?

I can't believe myself, and only a few others have noticed this glaring fault with the carreer.:nope:

shad43
05-11-07, 10:25 AM
Try changing it and see what happens...I don't know, maybe it'll blow a hole in the earth and millions will die :o

Nightmare
05-11-07, 10:29 AM
My issue was that that I wasn't getting a late war conning tower upgrade on my Gato in June 1943. The files state that the tower should have been upgraded late April early May so I took maters into my own hands.

To answer your question, yes it's possible. By editing your save game file you can specify which tower will be used on your boat. However, once the tower is on, I was unable to add the AA gun to the mount like I should have been able to. In my case, I now had a forward mount for an AA gun but I couldn't place anything on that slot.

I'm currently at work right now, so maybe someone will post that will have had more success than I have. If not, I'll posted which files and what you need to edit when I get home.