PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing ships in custom missions

Pipeline
05-10-07, 06:25 PM
Has anyone had problems with ships defined in custom missions failing to appear when the mission is actually played?

I've created several custom missions with the Mission Editor, and pretty much every time there's at least one ship that has been defined in the Editor that simply doesn't appear. These aren't missions where I have to travel far to find the ships either, so I'm not simply missing them. I've created test missions where I create four or five ships all within visual range of my sub and invariably a few of them just don't show up when the mission is played. But if I go back and load the mission in the editor, they're all still defined. Is this a known bug?

FAdmiral
05-10-07, 06:30 PM
Are you using ships that the date is beyond the date you are playing?
If the ship has an entrance date of Jan 43, it will not appear in a mission
you made in July, 42....

JIM

kakemann
05-10-07, 06:30 PM
Have you added any ships to your game?

I tried to add some modded ships to the game and made a testmission. and when trying to run the mission the ships would disappear from the surface. They were simply not visible when using the freecam. When looking at the navigation map they were there.

When zooming in on them with the freecam I could see some kind of a shadow. So I guessed there was something wrong with the ships texture. Only had the problem with this one ship type which i installed manually myself.

Haven't had any problems with all the original ship, though

kakemann
05-10-07, 06:32 PM
you made in July, 42....

JIM

Good point! :up:

Check all the ships entry dates as. Do a test run of the mission in the missioneditor to see the ships movements

Pipeline
05-10-07, 08:23 PM
you made in July, 42....

JIM

That's a good point, I haven't checked that. I guess I just assumed the mission editor would let you do whatever you wanted

FAdmiral
05-10-07, 11:58 PM
Well it sorta does that but you will still have to make the date changes
if you want to use a ship out of its normal time frame. There is a starting
and an ending date along with the date of first service....

JIM