PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Career

B4CK
05-10-07, 01:58 PM
Hi everybody!

First of all, sorry for my english but I'm from Italy and I have still something to learn about this language :oops:

I would like to know, if u guys know it, why i get retired in 1943, with a great career begind (6+ ships sunk every mission)...

Is something I can do to continue with my career? It would be a pity if I have to start a new one...

Thanks and Best Regards,

Stefano

AVGWarhawk
05-10-07, 02:06 PM
Not a problem with career....apparently a feature of the game. Most Skippers were retired after 5-8 patrols. Now, some say this sucks and we should get the option to move on or retire. We do not get this unfortunatly. What you can do is start your next career in the year you were retired. Not much more than that. I think a mod is created to stop the career ending program in the game.

t0maz
05-10-07, 02:16 PM
It is fixed by Ducimus mod, part of FFT or standalone retirement fix.

B4CK
05-10-07, 02:18 PM
Not a problem with career....apparently a feature of the game. Most Skippers were retired after 5-8 patrols. Now, some say this sucks and we should get the option to move on or retire. We do not get this unfortunatly. What you can do is start your next career in the year you were retired. Not much more than that. I think a mod is created to stop the career ending program in the game.

Oh really? This is quite realistc, but WTF :roll:

Is it possibile to change this thing editing some ini o cfg files?

t0maz
05-10-07, 02:24 PM
It is not realistic or realistic.
Its bug that u will be forced to retirement in the end date of your first sub - even if u changed it to a some new class sub. Go to SH4 mods workshop forum and find mod that fix it. There is also problem when your flotilla no more support your sub, fixed by Berry in RFB, in that supermod u will be transfered to flotilla that still support your sub (if any exist).

t0maz
05-10-07, 02:27 PM
One warning - RFB is for more advanced users that love "more than 100% realism" :rock:

daft
05-10-07, 02:55 PM
It is not realistic or realistic.
Its bug that u will be forced to retirement in the end date of your first sub - even if u changed it to a some new class sub. Go to SH4 mods workshop forum and find mod that fix it. There is also problem when your flotilla no more support your sub, fixed by Berry in RFB, in that supermod u will be transfered to flotilla that still support your sub (if any exist).

It is realistic if you get the option to retire after 5-10 patrols. It is a bug if you're forced to retire when COMSUBPAC retires your brand spanking new Balao class boat. There's a difference.

Quillan
05-10-07, 03:18 PM
As I understand it, there are two ways this can happen. One is a bug, and one is not.

Not a bug: After 6-8 patrols you'll get a popup at the end of a mission telling you that you're being transfered up and out of subs. You'll have the option to spend renown to remain and continue your career. Of course, if you don't have the renown you might not get this popup, I don't know for certain.

Bug: Periodically older boat types are retired from service. In the game, this seems to happen on a port by port basis. If the boat in which you started your career is retired from your current home port, you get retired with it, even if you've since transferred into a new boat type.

There's also a third one where you get a Gato prior to the game file stating it is available. When that happens the game will "retire" the Gato at the end of your first patrol in it. This is also a bug.